lost treasure magazine

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to find out the name of a treasure hunting magazine and i have found the name of magazine "Lost Treasures" they are out of business but someone might have the 1950 additions that i might research them maybe a library might have a full set just asking anyone out there that might have some,,,
I might have a couple but they might be 1960's or 70's. I got some out of a storage unit I won. I will check them this weekend and get back to you. One of the advertising ads was an old Garret Detector that was pretty cool and that's all I am recalling about them at the moment. Will let you know.

OP
OP
B

billeoff

Aug 19, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for your help here is story i got many years ago --we bought a farm 200 ac and the story goes that a treasure hunter magazine wrote about a treasure on this place in the year 1950 of course not sure what magazine then a lady told me it was "lost Treasures" the place is Jarrett Brickey homestead Van Buren County Arkansas now u can see what i up against Thanks then someone told me "true West " was only one be that old ??????

63SSRagtop

Greenie
Aug 31, 2019
Oak Harbor, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a bunch of the Latham's rags but they are mostly from the 60's and 70's... Been slowly going through and indexing them to go back and reference when i head to one of the states the stories are written about.. That particular homestead I don't recall as yet but if i find an article in one of these i'll let you know!

True treasure.jpeg

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to find out the name of a treasure hunting magazine and i have found the name of magazine "Lost Treasures" they are out of business but someone might have the 1950 additions that i might research them maybe a library might have a full set just asking anyone out there that might have some,,,

True Treasure began in 1966. Treasure World in 1969.
They merged in 1975 to become Lost Treasure.
Western Treasure mag started in 1963. Eventually became Western & Eastern Treasures.

Before the 60's, magazines that included treasure stories were Argosy, Saga, and various western mags like Old West, True West, and Frontier Times.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll look I bet I have the biggest treasure list treasure found collection known to man. Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread