Washing Dishes with Coldwater: A MUST READ!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Washing Dishes with Coldwater: A MUST READ!

Can Cold Water Clean Dishes? This is for all the germ conscious folks
that worry about using cold water to clean.

John went to visit his 90 year old grandfather in a very secluded, rural area of Saskatchewan.

After spending a great evening chatting the night away, the next morning John's grandfather preparedbreakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.

However, John noticed a film like substance on his plate, and questioned his grandfather asking,

'Are these plates clean?'

His grandfather replied,

'They're as clean as cold water can get em.
Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!'

For lunch the old man made hamburgers.

Again, John was concerned about the plates,
as his appeared to have tiny specks around
the edge that looked like dried egg and asked,

'Are you sure these plates are clean?'

Without looking up the old man said,

'I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don't you fret, I don't want to hear another word about it!'

Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather's dogstarted to growl, and wouldn't let him pass.

John yelled and said, 'Grandfather, your dog won't let me get to my car'.

Without diverting his attention from the football gamehe was watching on TV, the old man shouted!

'Coldwater, go lay down now, yah hear me!'

Meet Coldwater !
[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/po3070G9p] [/URL]

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True story?

I did something similar with two cats who adopted us about 40 years ago. At the time, we ate only what we caught or grew, or harvested wild. My parents visited and we served Chesapeake Bay blue crab that I had caught. I saved the claws for the cats - who ate what we ate. At the end of dinner, I picked the claw meat,put it on two plates and served the cats. My parents, who disapproved of pets and everything else, were horrified. I showed them the cat-cleaned plates and told them they were fine to put right in the cabinet but I did wash them when they were not looking. They didn't visit again, so it worked out pretty well.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cats won't eat people food. Not one of them. My chickens will eat ANYTHING! When they got their new house last winter, I went to check them the next morning and there was blood everywhere. First thing I thought was there was a nail and one of them got killed! No, that wasn't it. A mouse got in, and met death by chicken. It looked like Freddy Kruger was wearing feathers!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tippy, my true love, my cat is very concern about the cat food that she eats. She love expenses food.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
When I was a kid, we often used the "doggie prewash" as part of our process for washing dishes: namely, the dog got a crack at the plates after the meal, they got rinsed, and then they went into the dishwashing machine. While this may horrify some people, I can't today explain why this was technically incorrect. Having the dog clean the plates made for less rinsing and less food debris in the plumbing, and any decent dishwasher would easily remove whatever was left and sanitize the plates just in case something went wrong.

I don't currently have a dog or a dishwasher, but if I did, I would probably continue to use this method. It made everyone happy, including the dog.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tippy, my true love, my cat is very concern about the cat food that she eats. She love expenses food.

I show mine the label so they can see the cat on the label licking its chops. Ya gotta sell it to them like a wine steward in a fancy restaurant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions