Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-22 Facebook.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-22 Facebook.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 58

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fyrffytr1, nobody can do a damn thing about yesterday! If you want to feel younger "Run Into Today and enjoy every minute of it".....Joe McDonough

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It worked....I feel old....now what? :laughing7: What was that quote about ageing being mans greatest surprise?

chub

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't "feel" old at 70, just glad I got here alive :)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Mom is 92, still insists on feeding me. Dad was 87 when he passed, but he passed early - drunk & fell and broke his hip, ended up in a nursing home = he wanted to go.

My oldest friend - well over 50 years - is still kicking too.

And as for you young pups, there's only two of my old friends that I know of still walking this Earth. Time is the great harvest. ALL of Mom's friends are gone.

Life, AND death happen....

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
didn't remember Alexanders either. was in Saudi when I heard Elvis had died. Had a lady with several kids come up to me and give me a big hug last year. I didn't have any idea who she was and she smiled as she asked me, "You don't know who I am do you?" Turns out "just the other day" I had baby sit her when she was about 5, several times while her family dealt with hospital time. I am on my 24th bonus year and glad to have made it as well...just wish that I had been easier on my body.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
you musta forgot ? how old is mickey mouse ? and is he divorced ? or still with the little woman ?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
and God bless Elizabeth Montgomery....ooh la la (*_*) specially that twinkly nose

Last edited:

tahomatom

Sep 3, 2013
Sutter Creek, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di pro plus
Whites id beach hunter
Got rid of the Minelab pointer,
Then got a Garrett. Much better pointer.
Minelab Xterra 705
Ibuprofen
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember. Toothpaste was sold. In. Lead tubes

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ed Sullivan? Heck, I remember Ted Mack and the Original Amateur Hour on network TV.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I knew an old Italian who brushed his teeth with red wine and bicarb of soda, but the pre-war piping in Italy was all lead.

You'd be surprised how much water piping still is lead in the USA. But the good news is that they put chemical emulsifiers in your drinking water so the pipes (and your intestines) have a coating to prevent leeching.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
aiiii, thankful to have my own water

Yep, my water is pumped from the spring house down the hill from me - NO WHERE near real "civilization". Mom's heading to 93, been drinking this here water all her life.....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's another: my Mom's side Grandparents lived in a home with a hand-pump to a driven well under the kitchen ("piped" electric pump water as well), a garbage incinerator in the side-yard that looked like something the Pharohs had commissioned, and a functional two-holer in the back yard. Grandpa was the stationmaster at Nineveh Junction and I remember taking the passenger train from Binghamton to there as a kid.

Then Dad would drive the Rambler station-wagon up to meet us on the weekend. No family I knew of back then had two cars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread