Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry Terry, I didn't do that. I talked with Dilek a bit the first day and did the find the gold coin in a sea of nickles thing, but I never really went back to chat. In fact i didn't go to any of the booths that were there during the 2 day event. Most of the tents blew down Saturday night anyway. I can say this though, I'm not a fan of the seeded hunt. To me its like fishing in a fully stocked pond. I found a bunch of Indian heads, a V nickle and a Walking Liberty half, but I got no joy finding those things. I'm also not a fan of any of those YouTube "Stars" that were there so that part of it was lost on me. As for the Grave Digger Tombstone shovel, well, I'm not really a fan of that either, in fact I really don't know why I bought the thing since i have a perfectly fine Ground Shark. It's a great color though and I wish Eric only the best from his business, he will do well for sure. I just need to figure out how to sell this shovel now.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr. Witty, did you find any native artifacts? The place was crawling with troops during the War of 1812.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smokey, I found a button and a Brooch. there was very little in the way of stuff found out in those fields that I heard about. To make it worse, the ground was clay and extremely hard to dig. Maybe others who went will chime in with their finds.

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went on Sunday, all I found was a flat button and a few pieces of buckshot, but I still had lots fun. I probably wasn't hunting the right spot, I didn't even know where any of the house sites were on the property until I got with talking to the guy who parked next to me, which was sadly towards the end of the day. I mostly hunted fields #4, #5, #6 and #7.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think when going to a hunt like that people need to DO A LOT of checking into what areas the troops were in . It was a VERY VERY LARGE area to walk and hunt

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all those septic of paying a couple bucks.... We set a world record 4 the most people metal detecting at one time!! I found some amazing relics ..tombak buttons,silver dimes ,early pocket knife,musket balls and so much more! The best finds ever are the friends that my wife and I made during this trip !! SEE YOU IN2020!!

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo DR Witty, Thanks 4 raining on a parade ? A lot of us had a time of a life time! Most the tents blew down on Thursday night and got rebuilt Friday morning. Then again Sunday morning! My wife had never metal detected before, she found a V nickel, Indian head and 2 barber dimes!! I guess you should have thrown that liberty back in the pond if you had no joy? I bet if you signed that shovel you will get a lot less than those YouTube "Stars" would:laughing7:

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vermontis, I'm not raining on anyone's parade. If you thought that was fun isn't that all that matters? I'm just telling everyone what my experience was, and it wasn't my thing. Don't I have a right to my opinion?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions