Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
I suggest you google the name Jovan Hutton Pulitzer to learn of his 'colourful' history.

For a good laugh google the name and add 'roman sword' to your search term.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Commander of what? That bozo calling himself "Commander" is an example of stolen valor and should be shunned. His real name is J.J. Philyaw.

He patented and marketed a failed scanner and then changed his name to escape creditors and try and hide that stigma; I guess he figured "Pulitzer" sounded credible.

If you follow Oak Island he came up with the "Roman Sword" found off the island that turned out to have been a tourist item bought shortly before off ebaY.

You got it in one with "sleazy" in your question.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
11822423_398359960368304_5537988311268868235_n.png

This is him trying to sell crystals after the Cuecat episode. Get your authentic pyramid beacon crystal from Atlantis while they last!

Then there was Commander Pulitzer and Treasure Force which never made it into the hoped for TV series after that famous Oak Island meltdown he had with the production company.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Guess I won’t be buying any of his books.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Commander of what? That bozo calling himself "Commander" is an example of stolen valor and should be shunned. His real name is J.J. Philyaw.

He patented and marketed a failed scanner and then changed his name to escape creditors and try and hide that stigma; I guess he figured "Pulitzer" sounded credible.

If you follow Oak Island he came up with the "Roman Sword" found off the island that turned out to have been a tourist item bought shortly before off ebaY.

You got it in one with "sleazy" in your question.

This guy sounds amazing!!!!

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I have read his book reviews. What is interesting is his replies to negative reviews.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
His books can be found on Amazon by typing in lost treasure Wyoming or lost treasure Montana. I believe he covered them all.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still want to know of his Navy or Air Force service where he achieved the rank of Commander.

What a firkin worm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions