Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Fisher being a powerhouse in early detecting, and I for one do believe they coasted on their fame without really keeping up with the Jones. They made great detectors, still have my 1260X and occasionally use it. But through that time Tesoro kept coming up with some goodies, and in my view - Fisher didn't.

And then along came Minelab getting all the press, and a huge portion of the sales.

Fisher waited too long to adapt to the modern generation.....

At least, that's my view up the mountain....

Edit: In my view Garrett needs to get off their duff too - they market nothing I would purchase now - save the Ace's for the newbies....

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think Garrett will get off their couch :)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I would think Garrett will get off their couch :)

I hope so Smokey. If they don't, They Are gone....

Changes the world in front of us for the future, however, right now we are individually the best we can be as those we are.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what’s that mean for whites r they lacking or they safe for years, I mean, certain advancement is needed, separation, waterproof, v3i has the 3 color pinpoint or separation which is nice. I don’t like detectors that don’t have battery pack backup, just usb recharable only, what’s your opinion, how much would you pay for a equinox’s 800 just asking

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know about Whites, that v3i has been out a few years now - which tells me they ought to be working on a new one.

With the military discount I got the EQ800 for just over $700.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about Whites, that v3i has been out a few years now - which tells me they ought to be working on a new one.

With the military discount I got the EQ800 for just over $700.

Same love that about Minelab. Sent a pic of my DD214 and Bam. $150 off the machine.

I really hope Garrett, Whites or Fisher step it up.. they sure are taking there sweet a@@ time about it. First Texas has the bounty hunter line which im sure makes them enough on the walmart shelves to stay around but Garrett and whites is concerning.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher died for same reason every company dies. Loss of vision and stagnation.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..... just usb recharable only, what’s your opinion, how much would you pay for a equinox’s 800 just asking

Not a single cent! I have used this detector in several occasions, it's a great detector, but i would not buy one. Not due to the detector capabilities but rather to the attitute toward the buyer and enviroment hidden in the context of the detector. If Minelab had offered the Nox with simple replacable Li battery, i.e. the cell-phone type standard or even a specially designed battery would do well, rather than glueing Li-battery "bag" onto the motherboard inside the sealed control box, i would be willing to pay 200 more.

If there is a conumable item on the market, its price shouldn't exceed 200 EUR, if something is soled for 700-800 EUR it should be better then that.

It's like selling the Marcedes equipped with Tarbant's gas tank and using the PR and media to brainwash the buyers it's OK.

Last edited:

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its funny that a lot of guys are scared of the battery on the nox, Iv bin using the same cell phone for 5 years and it still works great and has a actually sealed in battery, the Nox battery if needed can be replaced in 15 minutes
:icon_scratch::dontknow::occasion14:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a single cent! I have used this detector in several occasions, it's a great detector, but i would not buy one. Not due to the detector capabilities but rather to the attitute toward the buyer and enviroment hidden in the context of the detector. If Minelab had offered the Nox with simple replacable Li battery, i.e. the cell-phone type standard or even a specially designed battery would do well, rather than glueing Li-battery "bag" onto the motherboard inside the sealed control box, i would be willing to pay 200 more.

If there is a conumable item on the market, its price shouldn't exceed 200 EUR, if something is soled for 700-800 EUR it should be better then that.

It's like selling the Marcedes equipped with Tarbant's gas tank and using the PR and media to brainwash the buyers it's OK.

Can you please repost that in English? I cant understand WTH youre trying to say.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you please repost that in English? I cant understand WTH youre trying to say.

You could rephrase your comment in Slovenian so that he might understand you better. Not everyone in the world can write in English.

Oprostite grdi AmeriÄŤanki ;-)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could rephrase your comment in Slovenian so that he might understand you better. Not everyone in the world can write in English.

Oprostite grdi AmeriÄŤanki ;-)

No, thats a violation of forum rules. This is an American forum and the rules are that you must post in English. Likely to prevent unauthorized transactions and posts from being made intentionally to bypass the English speaking mods.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You do know the battery is in the handle and takes two mins to swap yourself if needed.. i looked at it while swapping my shaft. Batt has a plug on the end that swaps in seconds if needed.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They lost me as a customer for many years when hundreds of us spent a small fortune on buying a new 1260X. The concept of that machine still lives today in the Tesoro Tejon but the 1260x was not a good machine for digging civil war relics and most of us moved on to Tesoro and Nautilus. They finally got their act together with the 1265X but many of us had moved on to other brands by then. Just in recent years did I return to the Fisher brand with a purchase of an F 75

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect fisher has stuff in the works that will compete. Remember who works there and what they have already done. I still have my upgraded F75 and it still hunts. But yes I finally succumbed to the draw of the nox. I can confirm the Nox 800 works as described and a real tool in the field. I think the needs of the modern treasure hunter has gotten a whole lot more complicated. I use drones, cameras, research, and everything I can to hunt for relics and old coins. Fisher knows what it has to do, now it has to do it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...... Just in recent years did I return to the Fisher brand with a purchase of an F 75

I suspect fisher has stuff in the works that will compete. Remember who works there and what they have already done. .......

The topic is OLD Fisher, not to be confused the modern "Fisher" which is now a sub brand of the First Texas conglomerate.

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read somewhere that companies like White's, Garrett and Fisher are struggling to keep up because of IP protections Minelab has in place. So any Minelab competitor will literally have to start from scratch with their R&D, but that takes time. And while Minelab was chugging away developing FBS, BBS, Multi-IQ, etc., Garrett, Fisher and White's were doing...nothing...

Just something I read...doesn't mean it's right, but it makes sense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread