gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For years we in NY have been allowed to keep any deer we kill with our cars. I got one that way years back and had to call the game warden to issue me a tag to possess it. I was driving my girlfriend's car and the warden asked her if she wanted the deer, he wanted it himself. It is the registered owner of the car not the driver necessarily that gets the tag and can keep the deer. Deer was eaten.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've processed a couple of road kill deer. You lose a lot of meat depending on where they were hit. Few people have the facilities to get the deer dressed and skinned quickly, and fewer have access to a meat locker to hang the carcass to properly cure the meat. Most end up with lousy meat. I'll pass on the road kills in favor of a bow shot deer. Gary

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice Cow Catcher.:laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brush shield when searching for colonial sites in the woods! :dontknow:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like they customized a pickup bumper to fit on the car. If you hit a deer going 70 mph with that setup you will still bend that bumper back till it was laying back onto the hood of the car. Seen it happen many times. A bumper like that is not practical for that setup. The body height on a deer would cause the deer to hit the top part of the bumper and most likely hit the windshield causing you to lose control of the vehicle and possible injury to the front passengers.
As for salvaging the meat, that depends on what is salvageable.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That grill wouldn't have helped one of my deer vehicle hits years ago. I was driving down the road and WHAM! it head-dived onto the car from a cliff beside the 4-lane, head first into the windshield and it's back hooves came through the passenger side(which it also turned the passenger side door into a General Lee door,lol) and the glass literally exploded. I'm just thankful I had no passenger as they would have been killed, because there were two hoof prints on the passenger seat right in the chest area. Where its full body weight landed it actually popped a bolt up through the hood. I was working at Walmart at the time and went back to work(was on my lunch hour when this happened) with deer fur and glass falling off my clothes. A few of my co-workers from that day on called me by a new nickname..."Roadkill." :laughing7: Oh and that car was not what I rode back to work in, it was out of commission for a while after that.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions