All Treasure Hunting

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This sounds like connector contact(s) problem or broken lead in the coil cable - usually just before the connector or where it comes out of the probe.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might try sending an e-mail via VALLON WEBSITE: VMC1 — Compact Metal Detector

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, i see you have a compact mil. device, i had something else in mind, sorry, you better turn to authorized service for this one.

OP
OP
J

juliuss

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2013
Tochtepelt
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, ace 150, whites eagle 2, Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your response, the detector is almost new, I will try with some new batteries probably even though this new one came out defective, I already wrote to the service center and because of the answers they have well identified the problem but they want it sent and I think that apart from shipping costs your service could be expensive, I will check the brand code again because I believe the number 4 does not mark it, only 2 6 8 10 12 and 14, I better verify it again, friend cw0909 you have had this problem, did you solve it? thegreenboy thanks for your answer that marks the manual but I have not encouraged to disassemble it, did you run into this problem?

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:
OP
OP
J

juliuss

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2013
Tochtepelt
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, ace 150, whites eagle 2, Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your support and time, I had already read the manual I think I will have to open the equipment until my knowledge can, because if there is any card or circuit the detector stops it on paper I hope it is something like a disconnected cable

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
check the female side of coil cable connector, may have a particle in it stopping
the connect to a male pin

and or male pin could be dirty,bent, missing

Last edited:

clayfox

Greenie
Oct 28, 2014
Spring City, PA
Detector(s) used
VALLON VMC1, VMW1, VMH3, VMH3CS, MineHound MD&GPR (VMR2, VMR2+, VMR3, VMR3G), VX1 Magnetometer, etc...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me with an error of my detector, is a vmc1 but
When I turn it on, it starts and the seconds mark me a led code, which is 2 6 8 10 12 14, check the manual and say it can be an open circuit or the coil, my detector is like new, someone has passed it this?
Many surplus detectors were stored in humid conditions, which over long times may permeate the coil via micro fractures. I’ve had luck reconditioning the detector by removing the batteries, opening the electronics compartment, removing the desiccant thimble, and placing the whole detector on a middle-rack trayin a warming oven at 175F for 6 hours to dehydrate the search head and electronics. Beware some ovens don’t have a temperature setting that low. 180F is fine but 200F is not ok, because it’s too hot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread