Update / Finders Keepers take on the FBI and DCNR in court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I simply don't believe the FBI would go out in the woods with all that equipment in the winter and set up a camp because some guy had a treasure story.

I will go out on a limb and assure you that the FBI wasn't digging as a result of a treasure story. As discussed earlier in this thread, there are two "investigations", one (Dent's Run) that we know about.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see I had a post deleted, I'm going to guess he has friends at TNET.

It was deleted because you were attacking the thread, it is real simple, if thread bothers you dont enter it, thread violates no rules, some of those replying do violate our rules.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods enforce TreasureNet rules, thread violates no rules, when replies violate our rules they will be deleted, dont want your post deleted post by our rules. If thread troubles a member so much they cant post by our rules then either don't post or don't enter the thread. Opposing opinions do not violate our rules, attacking thread on author of thread does violate our rules. Posting in a rude, confrontational or belligerent manner violates our rules, all replies should be polite, respectful and courteous.

Mods are not personal friends of FK, we are enforcing TN rules, mods are not paid by anyone associated with Treasurenet, owners or any members.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a TV show in the works about your solve of the Beale Ciphers.

Is there any way you would release your solve if it was not done thru a TV show?

No there is no TV show in the works NOW, our contracts ran out in Aug. We are FREE to do what we want now. I will say this to anyone who is offered a TV show contract and we have signed plenty of then over the years. If you sign you are tied up with them for years and you can not do other TV, U Tube , interviews or anything unless you get their OK first. Then if they don't get a Network to pick up the show you don't get paid anything yet you may of had many other offers from other producers while under contract. At the end you get nothing . From now on we only sign if we get paid $3,000 a month for the time they hold us under contract. I am sure they will work harder if they pay by the month or be willing to drop us if we get a better offer.

No I will not tell anything about the Beal Codes until we do a TV show, WHY because I see no way to get paid for my years of work I did. I am sure the treasure is gone, and the land owners are only willing to give the hunter 10% if anything is found yet the law is 50/50 split. If I give up my info anyone could use it to do a book or they could make a TV show with my info. I want a TV show and the right to dig at the site before I give up my info. Hay the TV show does not pay big money like every one thinks, about $5,000 up for cost or work done and time . I want the credit for solving the codes and telling just what happened and who did what. Every time we sign a contract they want all of my sites tied up with them, so we can't do any other TV shows .

We have many offers to do TV series on Dents Run but until we prove what the FBI took or get them in Federal Court no TV series will happen. If the story does not have a ending they want to hold off until they see the out come. I did sign with Discovery Channel 3 yrs ago to do the Beale show but the film company did not get a Network to pick it up. I had offers to work with Josh Gates on his show but you can't tell everything about the codes in a 1hr TV show . No it takes 2 or 3 TV shows to lay it out so everyone sees how the codes were messed up and by who.

Last edited:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have many offers to do TV series on Dents Run but until we prove what the FBI took or get them in Federal Court no TV series will happen. If the story does not have a ending they want to hold off until they see the out come.

OK ......so no Beale reveal unless done on a TV show.

But what about Dents Run?

Will you tell all if there is no TV show?
You have mentioned you have also discovered a cache of silver....will you be attempting to recover that or will that only be done on a TV show.

......Or did the FBI remove the other cache of silver when they dug in March .....to be honest I'm not sure about the status of the tons of silver you have mentioned a couple times.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just because they ran an article in a paper doesn't mean it's real, he says no TV show deal now but I guessing your pining for one though right? I wouldn't care to do a TV show if I was really interested in finding lost treasure, wouldn't that take time away from your big treasure hunting. Finding treasure would be far to fun for me to take time away from that, most of us here don't have the time or money to spend looking, getting permission and such but it would be nice. So I guessing your going to do a show if they offer right?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just because they ran an article in a paper doesn't mean it's real, he says no TV show deal now but I guessing your pining for one though right? I wouldn't care to do a TV show if I was really interested in finding lost treasure, wouldn't that take time away from your big treasure hunting. Finding treasure would be far to fun for me to take time away from that, most of us here don't have the time or money to spend looking, getting permission and such but it would be nice. So I guessing your going to do a show if they offer right?

For the kind of treasures we hunt ,
1, Its safer to have a film crew on site .
2, It shows we are not going to steal any of it and run because everything found is on film.
3, The film crew can help with permits and get things done faster than we could do it.
4, There are bad people in the woods that can come in and stop our hunt but if you have a news crew or film crew they will leave you alone.
5, Then they will help pay the cost of the dig and pay us a fee to do the show.

So yes we would like a film or news crew on site when its time for a dig. We have done some TV shows for History and Discovery Channel and we were not allowed to have a film crew on site at the FBI dig. Channel 6 News from Johnstown was on site but the FBI made them go but they ran the news report any way and it went world wide. We do film our research before a dig but want a out side film crew on site when we do a dig

Just because they ran an article in a paper doesn't mean it's real​
, Well the Associated Press was on site and they did a 3 day investigation and talked to many local people in Dents Run and if they run a story you can bet they did everything to prove it was real before they ran it . In Oct 2018 when the AP ran the story it hit front page on over 5,000 news papers in the US and made world news.

Last edited:

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" We have done some TV shows for History and Discovery Channel"

What TV shows have you done?
I would like to watch them.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there it is for TV shows, I get it now your in it for TV not treasure glad you've cleared that up for us now we know. What have I been thinking for personal protection I should have had a camera all this time.

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ,If one had such fame and fortune you would be charging us $500 a head to hear your story and not on here telling half a story for nothing ? This not a reasonable thought ?TP

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the kind of treasures we hunt ,
1, Its safer to have a film crew on site .
2, It shows we are not going to steal any of it and run because everything found is on film.
3, The film crew can help with permits and get things done faster than we could do it.
4, There are bad people in the woods that can come in and stop our hunt but if you have a news crew or film crew they will leave you alone.
5, Then they will help pay the cost of the dig and pay us a fee to do the show.

So yes we would like a film or news crew on site when its time for a dig. We have done some TV shows for History and Discovery Channel and we were not allowed to have a film crew on site at the FBI dig. Channel 6 News from Johnstown was on site but the FBI made them go but they ran the news report any way and it went world wide. We do film our research before a dig but want a out side film crew on site when we do a dig

Just because they ran an article in a paper doesn't mean it's real​
, Well the Associated Press was on site and they did a 3 day investigation and talked to many local people in Dents Run and if they run a story you can bet they did everything to prove it was real before they ran it . In Oct 2018 when the AP ran the story it hit front page on over 5,000 news papers in the US and made world news.

Hi ,Did John Deason and Richard Oates show the world the Welcome Stranger Nugget or just talked about it ? TP

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do film our research before a dig but want a out side film crew on site when we do a dig

It is safe to say you wont attempt to recover anything unless a film crew is there to have footage for a TV show.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
March 13 the FBI with 4 armored vehicles in 2 military convoys recovered & removed close to ten tons of gold and or silver from Dents run, under the cover of darkness. And they now are refusing to tell anyone what or how much of anything they did or did not removed.

So there was more there than just the original single wagon load of 26 black painted gold bars.
And the FBI doesn't want to talk about it or show any files because they supposedly have more treasure than expected and from unknown origins which they may or may not be able to verify, or divvy up correctly.

....my little brain hurts now. :sad5: I wish you luck!
Looking forward to the movie. It would be better than the stuff out there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread