A METAL DETECTING CODE OF ETHICS... rules to detect by...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a "Metal detecting Code of ethics"...

As to protect it from scrutiny and to preserve it for future enthusiasts to enjoy...

Metal detecting has a Code of Ethics. Hereā€™s how you can be a positive ambassador of the hobby, protecting it for the future.

Respect private property and do not metal-detect without the property ownerā€™s permission.

Do not litter and pack out what you take in and remove all trash found by you.

Do not knowingly trespass.

When given permission, leave all gates and other accesses to land as you found them.

Do not damage natural resources, wildlife habitats, or property in general.

Use thoughtfulness, consideration and courtesy at all times when detecting around or amongst others.

Abide by the laws, ordinances or regulations that may govern your search.

AND ALWAYS...

fill all holes, regardless how remote the location, and make every attempt to dig in a way that will limit traces of your dig and damage to vegetation.

IF anyone else wants to add to this... feel free. :)

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't invite others with when you have obtained permission to detect a site.
Right, there has been only one case where I later talked to owner of a Permission, where additional detectorists were allowed, so, it depends, but usually not, as you have gotten some relationship started with the owner already...., and it wouldn't go over well - they would certainly want to check out the new diggers" techniques on digging and recovery of the holes...and other considerations, too....!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dont swear at kids tagging along to *help you

chub
I often have a cluster of kids around me, asking what Iā€™ve found and if I had, Iā€™d pull out my finds for them - funny when was just recovered - cold to touch and their instant reaction šŸ˜„

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread