Thinking of buying a equinox 800, some questions . can someone help?

Panzer69

Greenie
Jul 4, 2019
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you going in the water? That makes a difference. An Equinox should at least be comparable to your White's. What you find is probably going to depend on where you hunt and what you're hunting for and your skill level. The bottom line answer, will you find more stuff, is not really answerable.

I would test drive one if you have a dealer you can visit. Most of the folks I know have one also upgrade the lower shaft and get the 6" coil, it does well in places like parks.

OP
OP
P

Panzer69

Greenie
Jul 4, 2019
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I've been hurting for 30 years. And im running out of land spots.and I've been thinking of a water. Machine and leaning towards the 800 but also looking at the sport. Just not sure which one I should choose. Thanks for your input

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would test drive anything you are considering if at all possible. We used to have a couple dealers nearby but now its 100 miles to see one, which I would do. I have bought some machines, four different brands all told, which were turkeys for me! Too loopy, too heavy, too hard to use, just like the bears and the porridge thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread