How to find a NEWLY lost ring - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How to find a NEWLY lost ring

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2009
    8285 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    OK will ALL my MACHINES I back off the sensitivity. Lower the the Discrimination . I scrub the ground. When i pass over a target i hear the double beep. I was hoping someone one would chime in on the double beep. Keep the coil ON THE GROUND and TRY IT !!!
    If you want to say something, just say it. Dont try to coax people into making the statement you want to agree with.
    Charlie P. (NY) likes this.

Mar 2016
    3203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Lay a object on top of the ground. run the coil over it and tell me you do not get a double hit. Then back off the sensitivity and retry it. if you want I will come out and show you what i mean and after you can take me DETECTING
    I'll have to give that a try. Maybe I've just mentally blocked hearing the double hit and automatically focus on the center.
    I have operated older coin detectors that had very distinct double hits to the extreme of having to rely on a centering mode to recover targets. My nugget detector has a centering mode, but I only use it if I'm trying to center a possible coin very accurately.

I'll let you know.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    Darrin

May 2013
    Minnesota
    Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
    1984 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I've been on the ring finders since it started, I have found hundreds of lost items - I have no clue what the hell you're talking about
    Trying to find the lost ~

Mar 2016
    3203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRingFinder View Post
    I've been on the ring finders since it started, I have found hundreds of lost items - I have no clue what the hell you're talking about
    And who exactly are you responding to?
    Gare likes this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    2820 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EdTobey View Post
    I would first ask loser to narrow down where he/she was when ring was lost. Then do a quick visual inspection of area. It may be laying out to see.
    Start in most likely place. Sorry if this is obvious
    You are right. It really does help if the person can describe where they were when they noticed they had lost the ring and in as much detail as possible. Once, a woman showed me how she noticed her ring was gone when standing on the church steps. On either side of the steps were bushes or hedges, maybe azaleas. Sure enough, the little ring was suspended within the bush, just resting on some tiny leaves and branches.

And welcome to the forum!

us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, 6" coil, ProFind-35 pinpointer, Simplex, sold: AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Garrett Carrot.
    801 times
    Relic Hunting
    I tell them if they want to look for it themselves, wait till night and get a bright led flashlight and sweep the area. Often the gold, silver or diamond will reveal itself by a reflection.

us
    Jul 2013
    OC, Calif
    Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
    784 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have found rings lost at the beach here in SoCal. If lost in the water, I ask how deep ( waist, neck ?) the date and about what time of day. Then check the NOAA tides to see
    what the tides were at when lost. Go out at the next low tide to look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links