Please help...trying to win some shipwreck treasure

Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hopefully this shameless post is allowed..I'm trying to win a treasure/pirate themed pumpkin carving contest for a silver cob.

If you go to facebook and go to Spanish Main Antiques look for the pumpkin contest and PLEASE like the photo of my daughter and I in the pumpkin contest....I would be truly grateful! I've always said I would never buy my first cob, This way I wouldn't have to. We spent hours carving the map and working on the details.

I made a video (not monetized) showing the detail inside and out:

Thank you everyone and happy hunting!

OP
OP
Dechert360

Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
If any of you have voted for my daughter and I, we truly appreciate it. Voting ends today at 5pm and either way...she and I had a ton of laughs and made some really great memories. Mom is also happy that we cleaned all the shavings up from the living room so it's a win win. Thank you again if you've helped us on this journey.

She may look tiny but she's almost 6 and very intelligent for her age. She's my mini me, my best friend and even has her own detector. Everywhere we go (even parking lots) she looks around for "treasure". I trimmed down an old bounty hunter I've had for probably fifteen to twenty years. (One my dad bought me when I was younger so I could go with him). We have watched a different Pirates of the Caribbean movie each day of the contest too as she can't get enough of them. Sorry if I'm getting sappy...I'm just very lucky and I realize it everyday.

Last edited:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on what I see so far on the "Likes", you & daughter should not have any problem winning this!

OP
OP
Dechert360

Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Based on what I see so far on the "Likes", you & daughter should not have any problem winning this!

It would be incredible but I'm not celebrating yet. If we do win we're going to take a road trip to the store to pick it up instead of having it shipped. The ship contestant has a few photos up of his, each have between 80 and 90 likes. Now the contest does say "Please note, although some contestants sent more than one photo only one “like” per ENTRY will be counted as a vote. !!!! Example if you like multiple photos of one style pumpkin and you like all there photos it will only count as 1 vote , but have fun and we will make it very fair"

I don't know how many of those additional likes are duplicates or how many are counted so we'll see. All I do know is how long three days can seem when you're in a contest and hoping to win. Haha. I'll finally sleep good tonight no matter what.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked the FB page...

"Congrats Dechert and his daughter for one Awesome Pumpkin Treasure Chest Carving !!! They have just won our First Annual Treasure -Pirate Pumpkin Carving contest !!! Thanks so much for all those who carved very cool pumpkins and fought hard to win !!!! With over 20,000 people reached and over 2,500 photos liked it was a great contest !!! And we will be doing it again next year !!! Thanks so much and enjoy your $500 dollar treasure coin !!!"

Copied and pasted from the FB page, removed first name & name of daughter.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

OP
OP
Dechert360

Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Just checked the FB page...

"Congrats Dechert and his daughter for one Awesome Pumpkin Treasure Chest Carving !!! They have just won our First Annual Treasure -Pirate Pumpkin Carving contest !!! Thanks so much for all those who carved very cool pumpkins and fought hard to win !!!! With over 20,000 people reached and over 2,500 photos liked it was a great contest !!! And we will be doing it again next year !!! Thanks so much and enjoy your $500 dollar treasure coin !!!"

Copied and pasted from the FB page, removed first name & name of daughter.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thank you so much!! Yes we won, honestly still can not believe it. Thank you for allowing me to post here and thank you so much to everyone who voted. There was no way I could have won this without everyone helping and taking time out of their lives to vote for us. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all! I will wear this coin everyday and wear it with incredible pride.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread