What do all of you do in winter when can’t detect go crazy

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Millions of us now because of the stupid time change and cold ass weather have to put it on hold, terrible. Hell some of us might be dead by next spring time, this year was much rewarding for myself and friend, after he did so much work we where rewarded with finds that most of you would be jealous of, so I’m lucky to have a good friend. I hope all of you can find a good friend to enjoy the hobby with share the excitement of the finds, priceless. Do your homework read old maps of your town you will be surprised what’s just a few miles away really. Ok the wintertime blues are coming, anyone care to share thoughts appreciate it, keep digging folks.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig in the winter. Sometimes I drive 150 miles one way to do it...when I got bored I flew to SC twice last winter. Snakes are gone then.

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter is when I start detecting. no ticks , no sweating , less brush no skeeters and biting flies. I hang it up in the late spring when all the mentioned return.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah no bugs , less brush and weeds only timeto get into the old foundations correct

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Build new detectors and then go to FL.......

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sketch-1560884790907.png
In winter I go swimming because I live in the tropics.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190617-092752.png
    Screenshot_20190617-092752.png
    1,013.1 KB · Views: 37

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I work as a gigolo in las Vegas during the winter, giving me easy access to nuggetshooting in Arizona and Nevada

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry I want to be a gigolo, or find a sugar mama, got and words of wisdom, lol seriously hey

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I go to the beach and fish for Pompano & Whiting. Sometimes I even notice the bikini clad ladies walking by! Life is rough here in Florida.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
IMO??? There are many people who quit reading the detecting boards until they get their "perfect" conditions.

This survey is naturally slanted toward us die hards.

Me though? I watch TV, surf the detecting sites, and hit the pool halls. I make more cash there than detecting but it's not as satisfying as digging an old silver.

There has to be very many vets we saw on these discussion boards, who went into their quiet, non detecting spots, and are not here to join in. It's an unbalanced sample.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I go fishing a lot of days. No bitting flies or mosquitos

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southern Hemisphere here, temp never really went below about 55F -12C this year. Ive been skiing a few seasons when I was a teenager and the thought of snowed in winters or months of cold are like my worst nightmare. If I have to wear long pants I feel upset.

chub

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry I want to be a gigolo, or find a sugar mama, got and words of wisdom, lol seriously hey

Be personable and charming, but always take care of business before taking care of her. :thumbsup:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
004.JPG Hang out in the cave.Crank the music & heat & ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread