All Treasure Hunting

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not at all familiar with that machine but other than audio does it have another indicator that it is in fact detecting the target?

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does the speaker work with no headphones?

Which headphones are you using?

OP
OP
J

joeyandlauren

Greenie
Nov 4, 2019
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites MXT
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything seems to work great. It detects perfectly. Display functions as it should. I tried different headphones. I also tried taking the control box apart and verified that everything is plugged in. Again, with headphones in I can barley hear anything with threshold gain all the way up. The only thing I haven’t tried is putting new batteries in it but the display shows batteries are good. Awesome detector. $800 new. I’d love to figure this out.

OP
OP
J

joeyandlauren

Greenie
Nov 4, 2019
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites MXT
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for replying. The speaker does not work when headphones are unplugged. Please see my description of troubleshooting below. This is driving me crazy : (

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's has a two year warranty weather your the original owner or not, should be able to tell year made by the sticker in the battery box lid I believe. If not I would send it to White's in Oregon they usually don't charge much so shipping might be the most cost, call them first to let them know your shipping it and make sure to include a note of the problem. HH

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Headphones use less battery than the internal speaker. The circuit should be complete for the internal with no headphones, but physically plugging in the headphone jack should open that circuit and connect in the headphones. Different detectors use single channel or stereo connectors - so it's common to hear out of only one earpiece. Detector Pro headphones have a switch to use either system.

But in your case I'm guessing the circuit isn't connected - so the speaker is disconnected but plugging in the jack doesn't work, either. I would definitely send it back if under warranty. You open the casing you own the problem.

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sound from the box or HP's ; Don't sound good to me .

I do hope it's an easy fix , as that MXT should serve you well.
GD

OP
OP
J

joeyandlauren

Greenie
Nov 4, 2019
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites MXT
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called Whites. They feel it's the "sound amplifier" on the main board. Nothing I can fix. I'll be shipping it off. Looking at $130-$140 including shipping. Thank you all for your advice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread