Following leads

NightStalker45b

Oct 23, 2015
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m wondering how many hunters here a tail and hunt for the fill in the blank?

How do you figure out which tale is worth following?

Here in Arizona we all know of the Lost Dutchman’s mine, and it’s worth looking at, but there are a lot more treasures tails just don’t know if it’s worth looking at

Digger_O'Dell

May 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I live it's difficult at best. Many historical locations no longer exist due to development the past 100 plus years. Others have become state owned or managed lands which are illegal to hunt in my state.
There are still a few I have kept in mind such as John Dillinger's stash, and a chest of money that was the military fort payroll which was snuck out to be buried at night during an Indian siege, but the soldiers never made it back to the fort and the money never recovered.
It's my opinion that certain tales are worthy and enjoyable to follow up on as long as there are no expectations of actually finding it. But one never knows....

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research. And more research. One thing I have come to realize, after being told as much here, is that you got to do a lot if study.
Some treasure tales are pure bs. Some have a small kernel of truth.
You have to be creative in your searches, and also consider the lesser known stories. The LDM has been flogged to death. But there are innumerable "lost" mines, caches, camps, loot, what have you out there.
I am sure one of these experienced guys will be along shortly to help you out.
And there is a trove of techniques buried in these forums which are useful.

OP
OP
NightStalker45b

NightStalker45b

Oct 23, 2015
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the LDM but still wonder when I get up there on horse back. Ya never know.

I have found a massacre site ( I was almost part of ) and on the trail of a horrific Apache massacre site. It’s difficult because the mountain and landmark names have changed, but I’m fig it out. Now if I can just find that big pile of cached gold ��

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the LDM but still wonder when I get up there on horse back. Ya never know.

I have found a massacre site ( I was almost part of ) and on the trail of a horrific Apache massacre site. It’s difficult because the mountain and landmark names have changed, but I’m fig it out. Now if I can just find that big pile of cached gold ��

Almost a part of?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any "treasure tail" you read isnt worth the time it took to read it. There ARE real treasures waiting to be found but they arent published. You either have to stumble on them by complete accident or you have to do a ton of research, looking for a very specific set of circumstances. Every possible treasure you start researching has to be discarded as soon as any evidence to the contrary comes up. Spend your time chasing the real ones.

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Research of course is very important, old books, biographies talking to old folks just a few ideas...For instance , if you want to find gold you have to spend time in the area you are interested in..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread