Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had a guy contact me this morning to find his just recently lost wedding band. No problem, I'll be by this afternoon around 2 was my answer. Well, it is not always a cut and dry hunt where you have a nice small general area to hunt but it happens. This guy was certain that it had to be in this 15 by 15 area that was rock hard with gravel and rock set in hardened clay. I'm telling this guy that a really fresh drop like his would be on top of a surface like this but I swing anyways to no avail.

Then we begin trying to back track his activities for the day, just around the house. He cut several trees, he split a lot of wood, he hauled some stuff, he did a lot that day. So we covered nearly a hundred yards and about forty yards wide in places. What we found for shallow banging signals, 22 brass, pieces of wire and chunks of metal plate and small crumpled foil. The foil was everywhere of course but no ring or recent coin drops. Then he admitted that he had gone to town several times and another guy had come to pick up wood as well. Finally I had him to check his gloves and his truck floorboard but we found nothing and so I had to go with a no find hunt.

All he knew for sure was that he had it on in the morning but didn't when he quit for the day. so, who knows when or where he had actually lost it and it was basically a shot in the dark for me to find it. I told him that if it had been in the area that we had swung over, it would have been a great signal, leaves or not. I felt good about having done the best that I could have with what I had to work with. Can't win them all or should I say, find them all.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice effort DL. The problem I have run across many times, is people realize that their ring is missing and they think they lost it at that exact spot, when in reality they could have lost it in the grocery store parking lot 3 hours earlier. Because of our hobby and the amount of rings I have found and returned, I have developed a habit of running my thumb underneath of my wedding ring finger about every 15 minutes, just to make sure its still there. Just one of my little quirks, but if I did ever lose it, I could pinpoint the area a lot easier. You gave it your best shot based on the information you were given.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread