Beginning Metal Detector

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher F22
Garrett ACE 300
Tesoro Compadre
Teknetics Eurotek Pro

These are the 4 I have decided to consider...
Any input relative to what one I should get is welcomed.

I like the Fisher and Teknetics because of the readout Display.

A Troy X2 will teach you more in 6 weeks than you could ever hope for.

Well worth considering.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All those you lister are good machines I recommend you watch some videos on each one to hear their tones and get an idea of the target ID displays and their capabilities. Larger coils normally equates to more depth thus I mainly use the 9"x11" DD coil. I use the kellyco site to compare the specifications of multiple machines, side by side. I know you can view 3 at a time, maybe 4 now??

Fisher F22 if I got one it would have the DD coil
Garrett 300 not a bad machine, I particularly don't care for the Garrett bell tones
Tesoro Compadre a simple no frill machine. I prefer multiple tones and a target ID display thus I do not have one of these. This only has one tone... everything
sounds the same

Teknetics Eurotek Pro similar to the F22, I am not a concentric coil guy so I'd buy one with a DD coil

You may like the garrett bell tones better than the standard tones on both the Teknetics and Fisher. Heck you may like one tone the best like the compadre has. You need to make the decision on which one fits your personal preferences the best, they are all comparable to each other as to their capabilities.

Good Luck in whatever you choose

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been looking at the Simplex w/wireless for a carry in the car detector. I have see a few reviews and for about $339 dollars seems like a good deal.

Good Luck in your search. :icon_thumleft:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread