Damn they got caught. Loose lips sink ships

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Know the laws and follow them. How would you feel if they were trespassing on your property and took them without your knowledge or permission?

Last edited:

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boy does that suck... but then again so does Brittish rules on treasure finding. (my 2 cents)

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Play bad games,........win bad prizes.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I caught them Off wit their heads

Well, with the depth of hole you be digging with the equinox it should just about fit a head :laughing7:

chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do happen to off wit his head there is a hole big enough to put the actual head in. Poor joke. Apologies

Chub

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boy does that suck... but then again so does Brittish rules on treasure finding. (my 2 cents)

or your (1.55 pence) lol
Jon
8-)
:cat:
:occasion14:
:headbang:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys who don't like the Brit laws are plain nuts!! They have the ability to find much better stuff there and state owned land is not governed against detecting as it is here. They don't have myriads of various village, town, or city ordinances against detecting. If those idiots had turned the finds over to the coroner and they were declared treasure trove the finders would have been paid a fair market value for their efforts. In England you can keep all the modern (over there it's hundreds of years) coins and jewelry you find but if it is ancient and historically important you must turn it in and if it is declared important you will be paid fair market value. Any finds purchased from detector folks get displayed in museums for all to see. There are many gold and silver coins found over there going back to Roman times that are not considered "trove" and anybody can keep those. Just look at the finds by Crusader here on t-net. There is a lot more land available to hunt legally over there than here considering the size of their country. If we had such laws here there would not be all the restrictions making state and national land off limits like it is to us now. There just as here if you dig on illegal sites you face jail. You cannot even have an operable detector in your trunk while driving around Gettysburg battlefield.

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have much rather turned it in and got credit publicly for finding it then concealing it and hiding it. That way I would at least have some money for it and a little notoriety both are better than broke with a jail sentence.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys who don't like the Brit laws are plain nuts!! They have the ability to find much better stuff there and state owned land is not governed against detecting as it is here. They don't have myriads of various village, town, or city ordinances against detecting. If those idiots had turned the finds over to the coroner and they were declared treasure trove the finders would have been paid a fair market value for their efforts. In England you can keep all the modern (over there it's hundreds of years) coins and jewelry you find but if it is ancient and historically important you must turn it in and if it is declared important you will be paid fair market value. Any finds purchased from detector folks get displayed in museums for all to see. There are many gold and silver coins found over there going back to Roman times that are not considered "trove" and anybody can keep those. Just look at the finds by Crusader here on t-net. There is a lot more land available to hunt legally over there than here considering the size of their country. If we had such laws here there would not be all the restrictions making state and national land off limits like it is to us now. There just as here if you dig on illegal sites you face jail. You cannot even have an operable detector in your trunk while driving around Gettysburg battlefield.

Agreed... Well said.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do they have to report it to the Coroner does that mean something else over there

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do they have to report it to the Coroner does that mean something else over there

coroner in British English
(ˈkɒrənə ) a public official responsible for the investigation of violent, sudden, or suspicious deaths and inquiries into treasure trove. The investigation (coroner's inquest) is held in the presence of a jury (coroner's jury) See also procurator fiscal, Compare medical examiner.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd feel Sorry for them, IF they were Arrested here in the U.S. For not reporting a Field Find.

The U.S. Doesn't promise to see that a Museum or Archie Pay Actual Value or Return it to You.

Europe Does see Finders Get Compensated Very Well,
If they want the Find.

Yes there are Things I Don't like about Europe's Rules.
But I don't live there, So I Don't feel I Have a Right to tell them how they Run their Country.

If they tried some of their Rules here, I'd be the First to Complain.
But $30,000.00 for a Find along with a sign saying Found by me
with the Relic in a Museum Setting. Would Sure beat a $30,000.00 Fine,
Banning from Detecting & Possible Jail Time* :laughing7:

*not saying that's what they'll get. Just Saying

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, bad examples of the hobby.
The hoard is a fine one, but dumped into
the laps of the Black Market, well, it would cause
quite a stir in collectors markets, too...!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread