Damn they got caught. Loose lips sink ships
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Damn they got caught. Loose lips sink ships

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    11,123
    23936 times
    Metal Detecting

    Damn they got caught. Loose lips sink ships


  2. #2
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

    Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11,077
    12178 times
    Metal Detecting
    Know the laws and follow them. How would you feel if they were trespassing on your property and took them without your knowledge or permission?
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Nov 29, 2019 at 10:04 PM.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

  3. #3
    us
    Jun 2019
    Palos Park, IL
    Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
    247
    621 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    boy does that suck... but then again so does Brittish rules on treasure finding. (my 2 cents)

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    West Coast
    AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
    361
    560 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Play bad games,........win bad prizes.
    Truth, AARC and washingtonian like this.

  5. #5
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    11,123
    23936 times
    Metal Detecting

    Damn they got caught. Loose lips sink ships

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    Know the laws and follow them. How would you feel if they were trespassing on your property and took them without your knowledge or permission?
    If I caught them Off wit their heads
    Last edited by Truth; Nov 30, 2019 at 01:26 PM.

  6. #6

    Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1,032
    1458 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    If I caught them Off wit their heads
    Well, with the depth of hole you be digging with the equinox it should just about fit a head

    chub
    flashyace and washingtonian like this.

  7. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    11,123
    23936 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post
    Well, with the depth of hole you be digging with the equinox it should just about fit a head

    chub
    I don’t get it

  8. #8

    Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1,032
    1458 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If you do happen to off wit his head there is a hole big enough to put the actual head in. Poor joke. Apologies

    Chub
    Truth likes this.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ROIGuy View Post
    boy does that suck... but then again so does Brittish rules on treasure finding. (my 2 cents)
    or your (1.55 pence) lol
    Jon
    washingtonian likes this.
    "Let Thy Hand, Oh God, guide me through the ways Thou seest are needed for those that seek to know Thy way through any effort of mine."

  10. #10
    us
    Sir

    Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    6,821
    3212 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Too many laws there, I stay in our great country for treasure hunting.

  11. #11
    us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    2,737
    3084 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You guys who don't like the Brit laws are plain nuts!! They have the ability to find much better stuff there and state owned land is not governed against detecting as it is here. They don't have myriads of various village, town, or city ordinances against detecting. If those idiots had turned the finds over to the coroner and they were declared treasure trove the finders would have been paid a fair market value for their efforts. In England you can keep all the modern (over there it's hundreds of years) coins and jewelry you find but if it is ancient and historically important you must turn it in and if it is declared important you will be paid fair market value. Any finds purchased from detector folks get displayed in museums for all to see. There are many gold and silver coins found over there going back to Roman times that are not considered "trove" and anybody can keep those. Just look at the finds by Crusader here on t-net. There is a lot more land available to hunt legally over there than here considering the size of their country. If we had such laws here there would not be all the restrictions making state and national land off limits like it is to us now. There just as here if you dig on illegal sites you face jail. You cannot even have an operable detector in your trunk while driving around Gettysburg battlefield.
    Last edited by gunsil; Dec 03, 2019 at 05:37 PM.
    kingskid1611, AARC, Truth and 3 others like this.
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

  12. #12
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    7,643
    5716 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I would have much rather turned it in and got credit publicly for finding it then concealing it and hiding it. That way I would at least have some money for it and a little notoriety both are better than broke with a jail sentence.
    AARC, Truth, gunsil and 1 others like this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

  13. #13
    us
    ARC

    Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    20,966
    52090 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsil View Post
    You guys who don't like the Brit laws are plain nuts!! They have the ability to find much better stuff there and state owned land is not governed against detecting as it is here. They don't have myriads of various village, town, or city ordinances against detecting. If those idiots had turned the finds over to the coroner and they were declared treasure trove the finders would have been paid a fair market value for their efforts. In England you can keep all the modern (over there it's hundreds of years) coins and jewelry you find but if it is ancient and historically important you must turn it in and if it is declared important you will be paid fair market value. Any finds purchased from detector folks get displayed in museums for all to see. There are many gold and silver coins found over there going back to Roman times that are not considered "trove" and anybody can keep those. Just look at the finds by Crusader here on t-net. There is a lot more land available to hunt legally over there than here considering the size of their country. If we had such laws here there would not be all the restrictions making state and national land off limits like it is to us now. There just as here if you dig on illegal sites you face jail. You cannot even have an operable detector in your trunk while driving around Gettysburg battlefield.
    Agreed... Well said.
    Truth, gunsil and sprailroad like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

  14. #14
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    11,123
    23936 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post
    If you do happen to off wit his head there is a hole big enough to put the actual head in. Poor joke. Apologies

    Chub
    Lol A for effort

  15. #15
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

    Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    24,886
    32106 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Why do they have to report it to the Coroner does that mean something else over there

    Approved TreasureNet Stickers

    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

    (Free Shipping)


    SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov 18, 2019, 11:24 AM
  2. Loose Lips in 1906 Maine
    By jeff of pa in forum Treasure Legends - Maine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 11, 2017, 08:16 AM
  3. loose lips sink ships.
    By BC1969 in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 07, 2014, 05:09 AM
  4. See........loose lips.....
    By kuger in forum Dredging & Hi Banking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 21, 2013, 10:16 AM
  5. Loose Lips...A Cautionary Tale
    By Hutch in PA in forum North American Indian Artifacts
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2012, 12:42 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0