SunnyRo

Apr 11, 2019
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I recently moved into Philly(Fishtown) and have little experience in MD. I have not found ANY places to go so far as it is illegal to MD in the city parks. I googled some old posts and most people in this area go to the north of Delaware river or old farms/towns in the far west. I was wondering if there is a group or club that I could join in for MD to get some experience. Or does anyone know close by state parks that I can get a metal detecting permit? Any advice will be greatly appreciated :).

Thanks!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you will find stuff where ever people go or have been
use google and research cellar holes, search by town name and add cellar hole
search for Pa. ghost towns
Pa. old parks
Pa. old schools
Pa. old town commons
Pa. old swimming holes
old amusement parks
battle sites - Rev war and CW
camp sites Rev and CW
now you cant hit in national parks and depending on your state - you cant in state parks
you will have to look into that - but most historic sites now only own part of what was THE ACTUAL SITE
so property around the site not designated as part of the park may be private or sometimes public land
and you may be able to get permission - as many do
I have some spare time (i have a government job) and will PM you some sites that may help you - rest is on your own
good luck

Sully_Dawg

Aug 18, 2019
Harleysville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a damn shame we can't detect in the Philly city parks. I often think of the potential they hold being the birthplace of our country :BangHead:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions