You no what bothers me and a waste of time

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
Teachers dont teach the right things anymore the first thing they should teach is money management and ethics

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teachers dont teach the right things anymore the first thing they should teach is money management and ethics

Teachers have to adhere to a curriculum approved by the local school board. If they chose to go "off script", they would be fired. Yes, people need to learn how to live - and that includes money and ethics. Don't blame teachers for doing their job and not going rogue.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks this isn’t about adding and subtracting, my problem is with history, either prove the facts or don’t shove Christopher Columbus stuff down our throats, if it’s not important then don’t teach, but I however think local history is more important, it’s where you come from, world history we honesty don’t have facts off say 1000 years ago come on. If you think you no, that means you don’t, I live by facts it’s much easier to live that way than old undated history, again if it don’t matter don’t waste time,teach home economics it would serve many much better

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any body here know the history of Venezuala from about middle 20th century up till today?

This world and this country might be a better place if the histories of Venezuala and Africa were taught in public schools.

Or, you can look these things up on the most complete library the in this world today, the interwebs, and study it for your self.

Because if you don't know where you've been, how do you know where you are going?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 pages is all I can handle .

I do want to say , In school 2 ed grade = Nose in Corner 15+ min .

I was paddled ( I don't even recall why ) , or write on the blackboard 100 times "I'm so so sorry " or ?

I got the ruler slap on the palm in 4th grade , then 8 th grade there was a "Board of Education " (1984) but it's use had likely been outlawed .

I found out public embarrassment was worse than the pain.

To this day I have severe social anxiety ; did school cause this ? IMO Not totally but it did not help , .

Heck in 8th grade I felt I was living Pink Floyd's song 'The Wall' as the teacher was using the class to embarrass me . FWIW.

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say, I just went to parent teacher conference for my kids. My 9 year old is struggling in social studies. Her teacher is one of those “lethargic” types. When she mentioned they are about to start the unit on the CW, I got excited bc my husband and I are CW junkies. I mentioned to the teacher about how troops marched right through where the school sits and the maps I have for this area. She said, dead serious, “Oh they came through here? I didn’t know that.” If our or our kids’ teachers aren’t into or passionate about what they teach, our kids can’t get into it either. I feel lucky to be able to take my kids digging with us and actually put them into history. Bring them to places thousands of troops marched through and fought, so they can see with their own little eyes and soak it all in, hopefully to help them learn and understand everything. Like others have said, teachers are given a curriculum and most just rattle it off bc they have to. There are few that teach a history class for the love of it. I personally only had 2 through school where I could tell no doubt that they were passionate. But if the schools won’t teach it to help out kids, then we as the parents should.

Treasurehunter133

Jan 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, let’s see oh 10,000 years ago we throw these words around loosely folks, hell we can’t even prove the facts of 500 years ago. Point is scholars, professor, the so-called experts with there are none in this world experts, please. I’m sad to say schools you lousy education system that’s predetermined to teach you certain things are so way off off history, they don’t even teach local history folks. If it’s not important that so be it, but myself and friend use the oldest maps we can find , find and enter old foundations link them to actual names of people and when you tell folks about 200 years ago they say really. Point is stick to the lakes and rivers don’t attempt to speak big like oceans when most of you especially the education system that honestly is lost, I no from speaking to a few off the record, they say the circriculum is predetermined and teach that, gee I will end by saying we are an ignorant society because schools wasting time , I can go research , read maps , groundwork myself and show facts of early settlers no garbage reality tv, nobody wants to find the truth they rather live in fantasy land
*know*

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s not about arguing the point of difference, it’s the facts we can start with, if parents don’t help teach there kids well hellim sorry why are they parents, schools are not responsible for upbringing them. We waste to much time arguing about past, it’s time to take action and stop talking about today and future, I repeat don’t depend on government and the school system if you do well. Parenting is where it starts i here to many parents especially one parent families complaining, I no my mom was mom parent, she’s now dead I have no family, I’m not even close to perfect but I do have heart and compassion thankyou

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on

ethics ? right ? i'm sure there"d be lawsuits involved. they taught me ethics. they hit me in the head............smacked my knuckles with wooden rulers................pulled on my ears....................paddled my ass with an oak pointer......................made me kneel on asphalt tile concrete floors...........................made me smack chalk dust out of erasers until i was blue in the face...............and then u have to wonder why i'm traumatized......................and i cant tell ya the last one cuz i'll get banned..................you're right though. some of these kids are long overdue........................oh well life goes on

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can't teach money management without basic math.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread