You no what bothers me and a waste of time - Page 5
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: You no what bothers me and a waste of time

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    8831 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Samuel View Post
    Schools were always a great place to find girlfriends.
    Well, I sure as hell hope you are talking about when you were a child!
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

Feb 2007
    SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
    PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
    227 times
    wet dirt
    Teachers dont teach the right things anymore the first thing they should teach is money management and ethics
    Davers and Honest Samuel like this.
    if it wasn't for flashbacks. i would have no memory at all

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bowser View Post
    Teachers dont teach the right things anymore the first thing they should teach is money management and ethics
    Teachers have to adhere to a curriculum approved by the local school board. If they chose to go "off script", they would be fired. Yes, people need to learn how to live - and that includes money and ethics. Don't blame teachers for doing their job and not going rogue.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

us
    Historian of the land

Aug 2013
    Wastelands of the abyss
    Whites DFX, notka makro
    411 times
    Folks this isn’t about adding and subtracting, my problem is with history, either prove the facts or don’t shove Christopher Columbus stuff down our throats, if it’s not important then don’t teach, but I however think local history is more important, it’s where you come from, world history we honesty don’t have facts off say 1000 years ago come on. If you think you no, that means you don’t, I live by facts it’s much easier to live that way than old undated history, again if it don’t matter don’t waste time,teach home economics it would serve many much better

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36į60'
    6546 times
    Any body here know the history of Venezuala from about middle 20th century up till today?

This world and this country might be a better place if the histories of Venezuala and Africa were taught in public schools.

Or, you can look these things up on the most complete library the in this world today, the interwebs, and study it for your self.

Because if you don't know where you've been, how do you know where you are going?
    T.C. likes this.
    A democracy will always eat it's self.

The king is dead. May The King return...

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6625 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Manning View Post
    I donít even know what to say/ must be my lack of education
    Cool , I started wondering about that to.
    Peyton Manning likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6625 times
    3 pages is all I can handle .

I do want to say , In school 2 ed grade = Nose in Corner 15+ min .

I was paddled ( I don't even recall why ) , or write on the blackboard 100 times "I'm so so sorry " or ?

I got the ruler slap on the palm in 4th grade , then 8 th grade there was a "Board of Education " (1984) but it's use had likely been outlawed .

I found out public embarrassment was worse than the pain.

To this day I have severe social anxiety ; did school cause this ? IMO Not totally but it did not help , .

Heck in 8th grade I felt I was living Pink Floyd's song 'The Wall' as the teacher was using the class to embarrass me . FWIW.
    digger460 likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2375 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    nm - can you imagine what is coming ? (as a consequence of the educational fiasco)
    i'm not good at guessing games. now that i'm a zombie. i'd like to buy a vowel Pat.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    3520 times
    I had some great teachers at Tilton-Northfield High School in Tilton, New Hampshire.

us
    Connie the Coonie

Dec 2019
    Louisiana
    430 times
    I can say, I just went to parent teacher conference for my kids. My 9 year old is struggling in social studies. Her teacher is one of those “lethargic” types. When she mentioned they are about to start the unit on the CW, I got excited bc my husband and I are CW junkies. I mentioned to the teacher about how troops marched right through where the school sits and the maps I have for this area. She said, dead serious, “Oh they came through here? I didn’t know that.” If our or our kids’ teachers aren’t into or passionate about what they teach, our kids can’t get into it either. I feel lucky to be able to take my kids digging with us and actually put them into history. Bring them to places thousands of troops marched through and fought, so they can see with their own little eyes and soak it all in, hopefully to help them learn and understand everything. Like others have said, teachers are given a curriculum and most just rattle it off bc they have to. There are few that teach a history class for the love of it. I personally only had 2 through school where I could tell no doubt that they were passionate. But if the schools won’t teach it to help out kids, then we as the parents should.

Jan 2018
    245 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 49er12 View Post
    Sorry, letís see oh 10,000 years ago we throw these words around loosely folks, hell we canít even prove the facts of 500 years ago. Point is scholars, professor, the so-called experts with there are none in this world experts, please. Iím sad to say schools you lousy education system thatís predetermined to teach you certain things are so way off off history, they donít even teach local history folks. If itís not important that so be it, but myself and friend use the oldest maps we can find , find and enter old foundations link them to actual names of people and when you tell folks about 200 years ago they say really. Point is stick to the lakes and rivers donít attempt to speak big like oceans when most of you especially the education system that honestly is lost, I no from speaking to a few off the record, they say the circriculum is predetermined and teach that, gee I will end by saying we are an ignorant society because schools wasting time , I can go research , read maps , groundwork myself and show facts of early settlers no garbage reality tv, nobody wants to find the truth they rather live in fantasy land
    *know*

us
    Historian of the land

Aug 2013
    Wastelands of the abyss
    Whites DFX, notka makro
    411 times
    It’s not about arguing the point of difference, it’s the facts we can start with, if parents don’t help teach there kids well hellim sorry why are they parents, schools are not responsible for upbringing them. We waste to much time arguing about past, it’s time to take action and stop talking about today and future, I repeat don’t depend on government and the school system if you do well. Parenting is where it starts i here to many parents especially one parent families complaining, I no my mom was mom parent, she’s now dead I have no family, I’m not even close to perfect but I do have heart and compassion thankyou

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2375 times
    ethics ? right ? i'm sure there"d be lawsuits involved. they taught me ethics. they hit me in the head............smacked my knuckles with wooden rulers................pulled on my ears....................paddled my ass with an oak pointer......................made me kneel on asphalt tile concrete floors...........................made me smack chalk dust out of erasers until i was blue in the face...............and then u have to wonder why i'm traumatized......................and i cant tell ya the last one cuz i'll get banned..................you're right though. some of these kids are long overdue........................oh well life goes on

us
    "Call me ArfieBoy"

Aug 2011
    N.E. Oregon
    Compass X-70, II, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass X-100
    264 times
    Can't teach money management without basic math.
    Megalodon likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links