Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is this story, and then there is the Truth.

Cool story, thanks again for dredging these up

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy was probobly rich. Rich people dont usually even tip at restaurants

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Ah yes mam... thank you so much for that $1 bill... its so funny you gave me that... for your bill came to $1 dollar over a round number...

And I will consider the dollar you gave me as part payment instead of a reward since you were so nice to me...

you total for repairs today is $18,001. "

:P

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
It might have been a case where the plumber was met at the door by a strikingly beautiful woman in a revealing negligee. She, then, took him by the hand, gently led him through the door (which she closed behind him), and led him up the stairs to the bedroom where she blew his mind with the most passionate love he had ever experienced.

When he had had enough, they went downstairs, where she fixed him a giant breakfast: eggs, potatoes, ham, sausage, blueberry waffles, and fresh-squeezed orange juice. When he was truly satisfied she poured him a cup of steaming coffee. As she was pouring, he noticed that there was a dollar sticking out from under the cup’s bottom edge.

"All this was just too wonderful for words, " he said, "but what’s the dollar for?"

"Well," she said, "last night, I told my husband that you had found the can of money, and I suggested that we should do something special for you. I asked him what to give you.

He said, "screw the plumber. Give him a dollar." The breakfast ... that was my idea."

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when i was a kid, late 60's, I found an old ladies's wallet. Our town was very small, so i knew her, it had $25 dollars in it, a fortune for a kid at that time.

I decided to give it to her, thinking i might get a dollar or two reward, I knocked on her door, she opened the door, snatched the wallet out of my hand, and closed the door. Not even a thank you, cookie, nothing.

I still felt good about it, but sorry for her.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hmm...is this plumber's name Mario by any chance? If so, that explains why he couldn't retire and ended up fighting with a giant monkey with his brother Luigi. Fate has its funny way of doing things.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=&]It might have been a case where the plumber was met at the door by a strikingly beautiful woman in a revealing negligee. She, then, took him by the hand, gently led him through the door (which she closed behind him), and led him up the stairs to the bedroom where she blew his mind with the most passionate love he had ever experienced.

When he had had enough, they went downstairs, where she fixed him a giant breakfast: eggs, potatoes, ham, sausage, blueberry waffles, and fresh-squeezed orange juice. When he was truly satisfied she poured him a cup of steaming coffee. As she was pouring, he noticed that there was a dollar sticking out from under the cup’s bottom edge.

"All this was just too wonderful for words, " he said, "but what’s the dollar for?"

"Well," she said, "last night, I told my husband that you had found the can of money, and I suggested that we should do something special for you. I asked him what to give you.

[/FONT]
He said, "screw the plumber. Give him a dollar." The breakfast ... that was my idea."

Go on..... the plumber sounds cute

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread