Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back in the early 70s, I went turkey hunting with my grandfather. We ended up at an old make shift corral that loggers had set up years before. We were at the foot of Wolfpenticle Mountain, actually at one of the huge ridges that came off of it. My grandfather parked his old faded blue chevy truck and he took off keeping low while I headed upwards on the ridge. I was taking an old logging road that was nearly all wet red clay mud from the recent rains. I made a point to watch for tracks as I climbed but there were none yet except for the ones I was making. I ended up finally at a high spot over looking two hollows that started right below me. I had found a decent stump to sit on and sat there to do my calling.

I strained hard to hear or see a turkey but heard none. I finally decided to head back down and so stood up. As I turned around, I could see the muddy tracks of a bear that had stood right behind me, maybe a yard away at best. It was an eye opener for sure but as I headed back down the red muddy road, I could see where the bear had followed me up. I could see his tracks on top of my tracks and this made me shiver again at the thought of it. This bear had followed me from the truck all the way up to the stump where I was sitting. My grandfather had come back to the truck and pointed out where the bear had taken a dump behind the truck. I showed him some of the tracks where it had walked on my tracks and he shook his head. I was tturkey hunting and trying hard to hear or see a turkey and never knew that this bear had been there other than his tracks. I had no idea as to how long it had stood there either, kind of made me think that I had an angel watching over me that day. I've heard that sometimes the old boars would make a meal out of someone when they got hungry enough, guess he wasn't hungry enough.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Hunter becomes the Hunted

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your still with us Looter ! I have had the opportunity to go on 2 different bear hunts, in my lifetime. You have to get close with a bow. Luckily, they are both hanging on my wall !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread