Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck does the person have an idea within say a 10 ft area or how big is the search area ?

OP
OP
signal

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How "sure" is this person on the reality of something being there ?

I asked them some more, about how big of a search area, and why they are so sure something is there, this is his response. So it sounds like its there with certainty.

I would say 25 feet by 25 feet. And is buried 4 feet deep. I buried it myself alone at night about 7 years ago.
I might even have it down to a 10 x 10 area
I went seven paces from the corner of the pole barn and used one of the line trees as a guide line. Fast forward 7 years and there are 2 other pines trees so not sure which one I used before. So when making 7 paces and off a foot that of course can lead to a few feet off.

KZ2088

Greenie
Jul 23, 2017
Virginia Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Won't know unless you try. You should already be out there swinging! Definitely use your 14" coil obviously, and like AARC said... All metal / Pin point mode if you have to

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was me a 25 x 25 area I would have found it by now

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
less than an hour with my loader....

OP
OP
signal

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am going out there last week of January, brining my 4ft probe and detectors and going to take a whirl at it. I'll report back!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find it that would be cool

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start by looking for some sort of landmark where someone may have buried some valuables. It may shorten your hunt. Good luck.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last I heard there was a dozen backhoes and rumor has it Dynamite was involved, and the only thing left was a gigantic crater, both tnetters were thrown into the Booby Hatch by thier Wives, it wasnt pretty. A Mercury Dime was discovered in the aftermath and she wasnt Happy sources say!!!!! LOL Ive been wondering about this also havent heard a peep....Tommy

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
If you know about where to look, the only detector I know of that could possibly sense something large that deep is a well calibrated ATX at its high settings with no descrimination. People have used it to discover large hoards eve deeper than that.

wilcam47

Dec 29, 2019
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last I heard there was a dozen backhoes and rumor has it Dynamite was involved, and the only thing left was a gigantic crater, both tnetters were thrown into the Booby Hatch by thier Wives, it wasnt pretty. A Mercury Dime was discovered in the aftermath and she wasnt Happy sources say!!!!! LOL Ive been wondering about this also havent heard a peep....Tommy

maybe they built a house over it...and the cache is getting dug at this moment...;)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe they built a house over it...and the cache is getting dug at this moment...;)
Or they discovered a Hoard and there on thier way to the Grand Caymon Islands to live out there lives on the beach drinking Margaritas

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or they discovered a Hoard and there on thier way to the Grand Caymon Islands to live out there lives on the beach drinking Margaritas

You're not going to live in Grand Cayman very long with only $2700! That might get you a week in a beach-front hotel.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd borrow or rent a whites TM 808 2 Box detector, I believe it should find the loot for you.

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did he forget to mention that his ex wife is holding on to them?
Could explain the depth...

Poor old tom

Mar 22, 2018
Goldendale, Wa
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO x 2 - Equinox 800x2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just tested 120 ounces buried 2 feet deep with my Equinox 800 with 15 inch coil, field 1, mild soil and barely hit them. I dont think you will hit 3-4 feet deep.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just tested 120 ounces buried 2 feet deep with my Equinox 800 with 15 inch coil, field 1, mild soil and barely hit them. I dont think you will hit 3-4 feet deep.

coin or bars? loose or contained? type of container?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread