XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea! The pretty white tick-killing blanket of soft log-sledding ground cover is coming. C'mon winter!

To everything, there is a season.

SnowDigger

Jan 10, 2019
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta FORS CoRe
Nokta Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hehe, right now, we have had over 163 inches of snow since October (gotta love lake effect snow!). But you know what? We go out on the snowshoe trails and detect, and it is amazing what people drop! Gotta take advantage of those clunky gloves in the winter season :) Hope your white stuff doesn't stay too long :)

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're not getting much today, maybe some ice soon. They always change the forecast.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Old Geezer is coming to town we have 4 inches now expecting some more

Hobbs.

Dec 29, 2019
On the edge of the Great Basin.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Gold Bug II, ATX, GPX-5K, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hehe, right now, we have had over 163 inches of snow since October (gotta love lake effect snow!). But you know what? We go out on the snowshoe trails and detect, and it is amazing what people drop! Gotta take advantage of those clunky gloves in the winter season :) Hope your white stuff doesn't stay too long :)

That's a great idea! I may try that.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its freezing rain now then the snow gets as heavy as cement Im waiting for some kid to come by to shovel I used to make a ton of money going houise to house shoveling for people. Think about sitting home on Saturday your day off some liile kid knocks on your door willing to shovel for you 20 bucks. Then you tell the better 7/8s you did it everyone wins of course the kid did a pretyy good job then the better 7/8s knows you didnt do it lol

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im looking out my window at the bird house I built this summer the squirrels chewed a bigger hole and have moved in Im watching one keep peeking its head out another is eating a Hamburger bun on top of the house which is nailed to the tree covered in roof paper lol I threw the bun out there. The better 7/8s I didnt buy food to feed the squirrels. Yes you did lol Run

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we're now going to get almost nothing but some very cold air this coming week.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This storm was a big nothing here

Schammitt

Jan 8, 2020
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher and coin master
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We moved here from Bay city Michigan 2 years ago. We dont miss the snow YALL .i. Be safe and stay warm

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it's just rain now but the ground will become an ice rink after dark. Two cold weeks coming up.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
We don’t get much snow at all anymore in lower Michigan. Back when I was a teen school cancellations occurred frequently, sometimes for days or a week. I recently sold my snowmobile for lack of white stuff.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We usually get little snow in southern Maryland and when we get more, I actually enjoy peacefully shoveling it. I like tools that are specialized for the job, so I have several different shovels for different snow conditions - the heavy snow dumped by the plow at the end of the driveway, the heavy snow elsewhere, the light snow, and the push shovel. I like to shovel so much that a snow blower would seem like cheating myself out of an activity I enjoy.

What worries me far more than snow is wind. With record rainfalls so common now, high winds can easily take down large trees. The large tulip poplars are particularly vulnerable.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to break a 1/4" layer of ice off the cars, and walks. Ok otherwise.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don’t get much snow at all anymore in lower Michigan. Back when I was a teen school cancellations occurred frequently, sometimes for days or a week. I recently sold my snowmobile for lack of white stuff.
My principal would come get us in a snowmobile lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread