If in doubt dig , don’t be lazy

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uno I’ve been around long enough to here every dam story, different versions. Gee I got this 1000 dollar detector it’s grand, I said oh yeah how’s it working, gee it said it was a good vdi and tone but it was trash, so much for that 1000 machine. Point is if you think u r a expert than you don’t need a detector, oh than either your health is to bad to bend down to dig questionable targets, gee I thought u where an expert with that 1000 machine. This could be a George Carlin show. Folks I don’t give a rats ass type of machine u have, nobody knows what’s in the ground. Every good target found equals multiple trash digs so don’t feel bad about end results, if u haven’t dug more trash than good targets I think someone is lying.have fun but exaggeration keep it to yourselves because we the average hobbies know the truth. So in ending if in doubt dig the target don’t be lazy

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I don’t have this 1000 detector sorry to mislead you all, I’m saying those out there think the most expensive machine is going to keep you from digging trash items, mindset is not good, many items give false signals my point, so how long does it take to dig a hole 2 or 3 minutes because you didn’t want to bend down. Guess what just because your awesome machine you paid to much just got fooled. All I’m saying is don’t let the price of a machine make you lazy, numbers do lie sometimes, thanks , in doubt bend down and locate the item

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree 100%! The only way I find gold rings is by digging pulltabs!

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Uno I’ve been around long enough to here every dam story, different versions. Gee I got this 1000 dollar detector it’s grand, I said oh yeah how’s it working, gee it said it was a good vdi and tone but it was trash, so much for that 1000 machine. Point is if you think u r a expert than you don’t need a detector, oh than either your health is to bad to bend down to dig questionable targets, gee I thought u where an expert with that 1000 machine. This could be a George Carlin show. Folks I don’t give a rats ass type of machine u have, nobody knows what’s in the ground. Every good target found equals multiple trash digs so don’t feel bad about end results, if u haven’t dug more trash than good targets I think someone is lying.have fun but exaggeration keep it to yourselves because we the average hobbies know the truth. So in ending if in doubt dig the target don’t be lazy
i have a magic gold wand and some magic gold dust i'll sell ya ? the gold wand works as new not much use at all really ! make me an offer ?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started as a kid with a $99 machine and was in a couple of clubs with adults with $500+ machines - which back then were the high end
machines - they had all kinds of discriminators - I had a TR with none and had to dig everything
cant tell you how many guys cranked their discrim. back then to try and just find the keepers - cant tell you
how many goodies I found hunting behind them
present time and I still follow guys that crank their discrim. and I still find goodies behind them because I hunt in all metal
recommend you dig it all especially in spots you are going to go back to

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-2/6831926593/[/FONT]

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed ! I have dug many an iffy signal that turned out to be a great coin or relic.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
He who digs the most trash gets the most treasure.

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love folks who don't dig trash because that means they are leaving the best targets in the ground for me to find...

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's simple really, he who makes the most holes finds the most good stuff.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last Really BAD signal I dug was the civil war sword you can see on the banner . I just knew it was going to be a fence post. I have a good machine but have done very well with an ace-250

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last Confederate plate was nested in a bed of aluminum cans. I just felt ornery and decided to dig them all. Surprise!

If you have a site in the middle of nowhere, my specialty, you will dig some modern bullets but almost all other stuff from the old site which was there. So forget the pull tabs and aluminum screw caps from those kinds of sites. That's the kind of places I like to find, but I don't find many of them.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Me too Casper-2! :icon_thumleft:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an old Bounty Hunter that was a BFO(beat frequency oscillator) I believe it would have detected the color on a blow fly's butt. I dug a bunch!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig it all,yes indeed !:) decided to Set in 'all metal' mode these (and a jeweler says their real) were among a few pieces of shredded Alum. just about a foot down. A month ago,On the beach at Melbourne Fl. 097.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread