jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Sprint Galaxy 6 costs me $35 a month. Can't do much better than that.Cost is really no excuse any more.
You just have to ask for the smaller amount of data. If you don't watch movies all day and live on fakebook, you don't need more than 2 gigs a month.
Wal Mart has "straight Talk" phones for about the same money.
With either you get to keep the same number too.
If you can post here, you can certainly learn to use a smart phone.

Does Walmart have Flips & Will they set them up for Me While I Wait if I Go that Route.
Also any Idea on what Service ?
I Like ATT But ever since Radeo shack Disappeared
I Haven't found anyone who sells Flip Phones & ATT Service .

Not that I've been Looking real Hard :unhappysmiley:

It's just Verizon Sucks for My Area.
Or at lest it did 20 Years ago When they Lost Me as a Customer.

a Guy Shot himself in the Chest with a 357 Mag in the Car Beside Me (Suicide)
& Eventually Asked me to Call him help after Suffering for a Good While.
When I Called 911 the Nightmare for me was fighting to Give details on Where
to send help, With all the signal losses

Last edited:

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does Walmart have Flips & Will they set them up for Me While I Wait if I Go that Route.
Also any Idea on what Service ?
I Like ATT But ever since Radeo shack Disappeared
I Haven't found anyone who sells Flip Phones & ATT Service .

Not that I've been Looking real Hard :unhappysmiley:

It's just Verizon Sucks for My Area.
Or at lest it did 20 Years ago When they Lost Me as a Customer.

I believe they still do have flip phones.
A woman who works at McD's near me has one. Check it out.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff the Verizon Wireless is probably the LARGEST usage area in the US and Canada . The coverage is far greater then ATT or anyone else. There are many companys that USE verizon towers and they can SAVE you LOTS of MONEY !!!

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I use is a flip phone. I can't see wasting all that money for one of those so called smart phones. I was at a birthday swim party with my granddaughters when the youngest couldn't stay above water due the current of the water coming down detween two water slides. I immediately dove in with pants and shoes on an rescued her. Needless to say I had my phone in my pocket, and after trying it out it still worked. The only thing was I needed a new battery. I trust that the two of us will have a forever connection.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is nice to afford $1300 for a phone, I have a landline and a government free cell phone that is not needed most of the time.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest Samuel the reason i have a $1300.00 cell phone is BECAUSE i MET a FANTASTIC SALESMAN at the store LOL
I even paid about 200 more for the Iphone care plan

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is nice to afford $1300 for a phone, I have a landline and a government free cell phone that is not needed most of the time.

It's nice to own and drive a Rolls Royce too, but, that doesn't mean you have to buy one to get around. There are cheaper smart phones that will do about the same thing. My Samsung was half what they want for the latest iphone. If you buy a used phone, that may be an earlier model, you can get them even cheaper. Just get one compatible with whichever carrier you want to go with. Some of the lesser named services (Boost, Cricket, etc) have some great pricing and use the same transmission towers as the big boys. T-mobile has a good senior plan right now if they have coverage in your area. I think it is $55 for two lines with unlimited voice, text, and data. Includes coverage in Mexico and Canada too I believe.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gare you made the right choice in going with Apple.
Just don't lose it in the mud anymore.

People have expensive things because they can afford them. There will always be cheaper (probably inferior) alternatives.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I Use CallMyLostPhone.com several times a Year.
there are times my flip phone is in my pocket or laying in Front of Me when it Goes
on Invisible Mode. :laughing7: Till I call it .

ATT Told me there are no Free Flip Phones anymore.
When I wanted to Get a New One. So I'm using a 5+ year old one.

I'll never pay their Extortion Fees for an IPhone, Just So I Can make & receive Calls
on Rare Occasions. & Be called By Scammers who change their Numbers each time
to avoid Blocks.

I've gone as long as a Month, Maybe more Without Even using my Phone before scam Calls.

& I only use the Net Here at Home
I got a 10 year old flip phone i have no idea why a person need a i phone or smart phone.The only ones smart are the ones that make them and sell them. I got my flip phone also called a dumb phone and guess what it makes and received calls and also i can tex with it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I Just got Roped into one of those Square Phones Yesterday :( I Hope I didn't make a Mistake.

ATT Is Charging me $53 for simple phone Service for my Flip Phone.

I had to Call Comcast to come up Wednesday & Move me to my New Residence.
While She had me on the Phone,

she asked what I was paying, She told me Under $20.00 she can supply me with a Phone & service.
Of course with Tax & Fees $20 is probably what I'll save . it will be around $30
a Month.

But I Bit.
I was at Spectrum cable TV yesterday day and they offered me a smart phone for $24.00 a month for 24 months i pay $20.00 a month now for a flip phone. So i might take them up on that. And then i might not.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents have Galaxy 7's
Night and day simplicity and reliability between my Apple and theirs.
Their phones are so confusing..almost like someone purposely mimicked all of the windows complexity.

The Apple is expensive and a little more restrictive, but it just works which is worth a lot.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With me I Always Fear Change & Confusion Learning.
I Always Learn Easy,By doing But I have that Continued Fear I Can't :laughing7:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Michele, just a suggestion...you might reconsider making your physical address public.
There have been instances of people stalking through public forums.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest Samuel the reason i have a $1300.00 cell phone is BECAUSE i MET a FANTASTIC SALESMAN at the store LOL
I even paid about 200 more for the Iphone care plan
It is nice to have a lot of money. I have a landline phone and a free government cell phone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread