$1300 IPhone

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a IPhone 10x today, Took me about 3 1/2 hours.,, We have had a lot of warm weather here in Ohio lately. Ground was sloppy and i was taking out a round bale for my horses. I had slipped and fell while lifting the round bale feeder. It must have came out of my pocket inside my coat. While on the tractor it must have fell out. I had tried calling it from my wifes phone no luck. I had tried finding it with Find my Iphone no luck :( Tried driving through the pasture field with my Honda CRV hoping it would pair up with the radio. No luck last method was getting out my Deus and going to swing for it.After about 2 hours got a hit in one of my tractor paths . It was in mud and water maybe 3 to 4 inches deep. I got it all cleaned up and bam it still WORKS :)
Thanks for for hearing my story. Because it was in water and Mud the blue tooth functions would not work.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you found it! I get upset when I misplace my el cheapo flip phone .. I would probably have a nervous breakdown if I lost a 1300 dollar one!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Creskol for your comment. Yes i was quite upset to say the least but i did have it insure but the deductible was quite high $250

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you found it I let My Daughter get one as long as she makes the payments she has so far Im glad she hasnt lost it yey but its in her hand 24/7 so dont see that coming lol

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apparently, I am the only person on the planet that does not own a cell phone.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know quite a few people that do not own smart phones or cell phones even.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Use CallMyLostPhone.com several times a Year.
there are times my flip phone is in my pocket or laying in Front of Me when it Goes
on Invisible Mode. :laughing7: Till I call it .

ATT Told me there are no Free Flip Phones anymore.
When I wanted to Get a New One. So I'm using a 5+ year old one.

I'll never pay their Extortion Fees for an IPhone, Just So I Can make & receive Calls
on Rare Occasions. & Be called By Scammers who change their Numbers each time
to avoid Blocks.

I've gone as long as a Month, Maybe more Without Even using my Phone before scam Calls.

& I only use the Net Here at Home

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff I Tried Find my phone. Drove my car through the field hoping it would pair up to my radio. I tried calling it from a friends phone with me i borrowed. I was told because it was under water none of the attempts would work,

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I know quite a few people that do not own smart phones or cell phones even.
Not surprising, as a telecom service tech I talk to many folks, mostly seniors, that tell me “I’m too old,” or “it’s too late in the game for me to learn.” Well, cell phones have been on the market for over 35 years!

“Please don’t take my big button land line desk phone!”

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Happy Ending :icon_thumright:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apparently, I am the only person on the planet that does not own a cell phone.

Apparently so. Any particular reason why? :icon_scratch:

while there are certain advantages to having one, I just simply don't want the bill that goes along with having one. Some day in the not so distant future I'll probably have to cave in and get one because so many things are getting to the point where you're almost forced to have one because businesses all want you to use an AP. My employer has an employee portal on the internet to use to view your check, make changes to your deductions, call in sick, and so forth, and you have to have a mobile device to even be allowed to use it. It's almost odd looking back at the way I grew up in the days of land line telephones and letters in the mail. One thing that I notice where I work is that when everyone goes to break or lunch in the break room, nobody talks. Everyone just sits there looking at their phones. Personally, I don't like that. So I'm going to try to hold out for as long as I can even though it's a losing battle.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The attractive thing about the smart phone is that is is SO much more than just a phone.
It’s things I would never justify spending money on, but would like to have.

I’m listing to talk radio right now on it while typing this.

It is so sad seeing people staring at their phones in a social setting.
When I see that, I keep my phone in my pocket on purpose. I think it's a glaring sign that everyone has insecurities.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many people don't have a cell phone bill as such. They've gotten rid of their land line and use a cell phone instead. So many handy uses for one for us treasure hunters with maps, GPS, google searches, finding the nearest gas station or fast food place, finding or texting our hunting buddy to brag about what you just found or tell them it's time to go, etc, not to mention being able to make a call when you need to. Once you have one, you'll wonder why and how you got along without one all these years.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wonder how George Washington got ALONG WITH OUT A SMART PHONE or GPS !!!!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smart phones are so useful...today I was able to take a picture of the punctured front tire on my tractor so I could remember what size it was when I go to to the tire shop tomorrow. It had the ribbed harrow track style tires..think I’m going to go with a heavy truck tire. Those cookie cutter tires are horrible for soft muddy ground.

It’s a race to get seed in the ground around here.

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many people don't have a cell phone bill as such. They've gotten rid of their land line and use a cell phone instead. So many handy uses for one for us treasure hunters with maps, GPS, google searches, finding the nearest gas station or fast food place, finding or texting our hunting buddy to brag about what you just found or tell them it's time to go, etc, not to mention being able to make a call when you need to. Once you have one, you'll wonder why and how you got along without one all these years.

Hi ,Well said , When I go hunting I take 60 dollar G4 smart phone with prepaid credit . 10 dollars data at the gas station . Use all apps and can send emails to UK farmers 14,000 miles away while standing in the middle of forrest . Loss the phone cancel account when you get home. My opinion is that those who spy donot care about some person with a metal detector in a feild . Far to much nonsense spoken .TP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread