Plans change... Saltwater detecting?

gold chick

Dec 28, 2019
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, my plans for my Montana expedition are likely dashed.

I've been working in the North Dakota oilfields and was planning to save enough money to head home to Montana and do some gold nugget shooting and artifact finding for the summer. I even found some most excellent locations! But, being that the oilfield is what it is, it's looking like the trip won't happen this year.

I am slightly crushed, but luckily I am a go-with-the-flow kinda chick so I adapt easily. Montana will have to wait for next season.

The project that the company was bidding on in ND for March fell thru. Rather, the company got a project in (of all places) Corpus Christi, Texas.

So yes, we just did a thirty hour travel all the way from the Canada border to the Gulf of Texas! Sheesh! The drive went surprisingly well.

Now, my bf has been able to return to work, but I am on an extended layoff until further notice (possibly permanently, if I choose).

So with less money and in a COMPLETELY different geographical location, I am thinking of taking up beach metal detecting! (and gulf fishing, of course!)

I am now in the market for an entry level (with entry level price tag) saltwater detector. There are also tons of parks nearby, so a versatile detector would be good too, but my primary trajectory is the beach.

I guess I traded mountains for beaches, would prefer the mountains, but I can't complain ;)

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Throw out what you're looking to spend (entry level means different things to some folks). You'll get lots of opinions here.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, you should at least be a lot warmer now. Good luck in your new spot.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look at the Minelab Equinox; Minelab Vanquish. You need a multi-frequency machine for saltwater and wet saltwater sand.:skullflag:

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equinox 800 listen to terry beining on the beach one gold ring could pay for that machine

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An Equinox 600 or Vanquish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread