My Favorite Cereal when I was A Kid was CLACKERS .

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alpha Bits. As I recall I got a Cox control-line Albatross WWI biplane with a bazillion box tops and six month wait. Lasted 30 seconds in the air. * sigh *

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like a bowl of soggy Wheaties! It was also useful to spackle a wall!

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never heard of Clackers but I was born in 78. Being the product of divorce I lived at two different houses with two different takes on sugar. My dad's had things like cookie crisp, lucky charms, trix, fruity pebbles, coco puffs and my moms house was cheerios and Wheaties. The junk food cereal wasn't allowed at moms. I have to say the junk cereals were so much more exciting and enticing! Imagine looking at a Wheaties box vs boo berry!? No contest. The companies even pulled tricks like they put a free sample box of a cereal called "rocky road" that included chocolate covered marshmallows in the cheerios box. That felt like a real victory but talk about a trojan horse!!!! No wonder our country is quickly speeding towards a health epidemic of massive proportions.

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clackers? That sounds like something Arthur on King of Queens would have had as a kid...

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain Crunch was my favorite... cinnamon/sugar infused squares that scratched the crap out of the roof of your mouth... but oh so good.

We always had all the cereal boxes lined up on the table and would read them as we ate are breakfast.

Anyone remember the 45’s on the back of the box. Think that was on Raisin Bran. Can see the singers face but can’t remember his name. David Cassidy? Mmmm? Anyone remember?

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looked it up. Bobby Sherman and yes on raisin brand. I thought that was he only one but apparently there were others that got to put a hit on a box of cereal too.

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kabooms, and the ever iconic for us opoor folk,.....King Vitamin.....dont miss those breakfasts before school the least bit.lol

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
..JETS...as the first one I remember then it was coco puffs because my uncle built the machine that made them , he would bring big bags of them before they were on the store shelves. I was in heaven that was back in 56. or 57....

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apple Jacks & Frosted Flakes here.

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cereal these days seems to be way over priced.
I like raisin bran, but not the new price, so I make my own.
Wally World brand bran flakes are very reasonable.
Add to each bowl a small box of Wally World raisins, (6 boxes for 2 bucks, how can you screw up a raisin??) and voila!
Raisin Bran with LOTS of raisins :D

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
PEP and Wheaties were my cereals of choice in the 50s. PEP was the sponsor of the Superman radio show and PEP (after WWII) provided a pinback button in each box; a total of 86 pinbacks in several collections. Kellogg's discontinued the brand sometime in the 70s.
Don.......

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clackers? That sounds like something Arthur on King of Queens would have had as a kid...

Arthur is my favorite character on that show. Can you believe hes still alive?! What a career.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Ol'timer question. Sgt.Preston of the Yukon radio show was advertised by I think Puffed Wheat, maybe Quaker co. Anyway, each box had a gift of one square inch of land in the Yukon. Presumable gold country.
My question, does anyone remember this, was there actually any land given because the certificate was intentionally vague with no legal description I remember but I was a kid.

On another subject, the band Meat Loaf did a song that had the line "But there ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box." (Paradise by the Dashboard Light I think) The interesting thing is when the band sang this in Europe, people had no clue what the line meant. Apparently Cracker Jack either wasn't exported or it was too long ago. The words are true but people still search for the lucky box.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still eat my lucky charms fruit loops and sugarbears

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
ur supposed to start out by saying ? i know this doesnt pertain to metal detecting but ? so what ? seems to work fer me ? who cares what zombies think anyway ? i'm goin with frosted mini wheats. too much sugar now days though

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never heard of Clackers cereal either. The only Clackers that I remember were the two glass balls suspended from strings joined by a ring that you held. You'd move the ring slowly at first up and down to get the balls bumping together, moving a little faster until you had them bamming above and below, making a loud racket. We took them to school and played with them on breaks. Probably get expelled for that kind of fun nowadays.

Clackers-FeatureImage.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread