A Tale of Tragedy - and Then Relief

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I go digging, I am not a big “top gear” guy. I have cheap knee pads, a 75-cent Menard’s nail apron, old shirt/hat and cheap shoes. The only things I pay up for are my socks (Darn Tough) and my pants. I have a particular pair of Duluth Trading firehose pants with the kneepad inserts that I paid more than I’ll ever admit for, and I enjoy them in the field. Tough, comfy, and plenty of pockets.

Well, I was out digging the old, abandoned fairgrounds and the ground was soupy – so soupy that the mud lapped over my knee pads when I knelt down. To compensate, I would crouch down with a wide stance to get my target out of the plug. I bent down on one particular hole and heard a distressing tearing sound from my general pants area. I was livid. These pants cost me the equivalent of three cases of Busch Light and a jumbo bag of pork rinds, they should NOT be ripping the crotch out of them so easily.

I stood up and inspected the area, fearing the worst. To my surprise, my britches were intact. But what, then, was that horrible ripping sound? Upon further inspection, I found that I had tore the seam out of my drawers and turned them into that style of underpants that the ladies at the cathouse like to wear. I shed them and finished the hunt commando (found some silver too). Maybe I should check in the future to see if my undies are way past their serviceable life before wearing them to go digging.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, or maybe you should lay off the Busch Light and Pork Rinds.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could sell what happened to your shorts to Duluth Trading for an idea for a new ad!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Havent ripped any underwear lately !!!!!! Butt have burned a few holes in em lol

Last edited:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey wait!! Doesn't Duluth Trading sell "undies" too :laughing7:

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know what type of underpants the lady's at the cat house wear?

Gardinerdigger

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2018
Detector(s) used
Garret ace400 Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many cases of Busch light and bags of pork rinds does a visit to the local cathouse cost?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad it was just your shorts Bryan!

Kace

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the side seam in my swim trunks completely tear out while in the water detecting and didn’t notice it until I stepped out and had a one sided loin cloth look going on. It was a breezy walk to the car.

OP
OP
MidMoTreasure

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know what type of underpants the lady's at the cat house wear?

Um... market research??

How many cases of Busch light and bags of pork rinds does a visit to the local cathouse cost?

They are pretty upcale... They prefer White Claws and pizza flavored Combos.

I'm glad it was just your shorts Bryan!

Kace

Me too! I can't imagine ripping out my britches in the winter. And I think there were children in the vicinity.

I had the side seam in my swim trunks completely tear out while in the water detecting and didn’t notice it until I stepped out and had a one sided loin cloth look going on. It was a breezy walk to the car.

Been there! I think swim trunks are made of the flimsiest stuff. I wear pants now when I go river hunting for that exact reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread