RING LOST IN MAINE FOUND IN FINLAND

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read a brief article on this with not a lot of information. The first article I saw just said that the lady had lost her ring in Maine and it was found by a metal detectorist in a forest in Finland.
That really got my curiosity up. It just wasn't making sense. The ring traveled over 3600 miles. So I started doing a little more research into news articles found one that was a little more comprehensive.
It turns out that the lady's husband had been in Finland years earlier. She said he was there much later than when she had lost her ring
Also in another article I found, she said that she took the ring off and set it down on a sink to wash her hands in a department store or something like that.
I'm not Sherlock Holmes, but I still have trouble buying the story.
Something's rotten in Denmark, uh I mean Finland, no Maine

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-finland-portland-debra-mckenna-a9338701.html

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that also does seem fishy

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard the story on the radio. It's pretty fascinating to imagine the journey that ring had. Doesn't seem much different than when people find roman coins here. The astounding thing about is that the person got the ring back in their lifetime. This is destined for Ripley's believe it or not. I believe it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions