By-laws and permits- Sunparlour Treasure Seekers and the City of Windsor

kiara

Sep 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. I've been following the Windsor battle between the Sunparlour Treasure Seekers and the City of Windsor over the last two years. Recently, they have won the right to detect again. But does anyone have examples of by-law creation, or municipalities that are working with local treasure hunting groups. I was shocked to find that group had a legit permit system! It's like a unicorn.

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/metal-detecting-club-fears-end-to-digging-in-windsor-parks

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like many hobbyist did not live up to the code of ethics. If they nix the parks there is always private permissions, which where I dug most of my keepers anyways.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
by-laws ? what ? not quite up to par being a law ? therefore there must be ? "oh by the way" laws somewhere ?

OP
OP
K

kiara

Sep 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said the same thing but I guess a lot of older members were using the park not really to find anything but more to get exercise and be social with other members. Its on the bus route or within walking distance. A lot of private permissions are off the beaten track.

OP
OP
K

kiara

Sep 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you aren't too far from us and Windsor being Northern Ohio. Do you guys have any rules or regs there locally or state?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread