Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep... I have to agree...

if you go into a public place... wear a mask... and stay the hell away from others... Especially me. heh

I have to say... I went out to eat... sign on the door says you have to have a mask on to enter... so I wear one... when I sit at the table the waitress says "you can now take your mask off".

I am thinking whats the point ?

So I walk in wearing a mask to sit and take it off... figure that one out.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

if you go into a public place... wear a mask... and stay the hell away from others... Especially me. heh

I have to say... I went out to eat... sign on the door says you have to have a mask on to enter... so I wear one... when I sit at the table the waitress says "you can now take your mask off".

I agree with you about this odd situation. I'm avoiding sit-inside restaurants with their virus distributing HVAC systems. But I would eat outside in nice weather.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

They are having people Walk To Their Table With A Mask so there is less chance of passing any germs by talking, sneezing or coughing on things or people while walking to the table. I was told that diners have to put the mask back on when they walk out also. I can see that logic, but I still haven't gone into any restaurants yet. If I do dine out later, it will be outside! Ha!

I hear ya.. I don't want Anyone near me either. The mayor here who hadn't been wearing a mask has now come down with Covid-19. He changed his tune.

Kace

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just experienced the first death that hit close to home literally.
Turns out that our neighbor two RV's down from us died from the virus. We had not seen him for a week or so and thought he had gone out of town to visit relatives.

When his sister showed up a little while ago to get some things from his RV she told us he died in the hospital from covid-19 this morning. very sad and very scary.
While we were not close friends of his we did have many conversations with him over the months prior. He will be missed.

GG~

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm Sorry Good Guy! That is close to home.

It can hit Anyone.

Kace

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry that you lost a friend GG, even if not close. In the old days, we probably knew our neighbors much better than we do today and these losses close to home may occur and some of us won't even know. My son is a first responder emt in a county with the highest number of infections and deaths in the state, by far. He transports positives every shift. And yet the selfish continue to claim "hoax".

Stay safe GG and all.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I'm still trying to process this. Raises more questions than answers. I remember our last conversation was about him telling us about some Chinese restaurant and how much he liked the food. Didn't think much of it at the time.

Right now, I'm going to go outside to sit and just watch the sun set and count my blessings and just be thankful for my family and our health.

Take care of yourselves,
GG~

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry that you lost a friend GG, even if not close. In the old days, we probably knew our neighbors much better than we do today and these losses close to home may occur and some of us won't even know. My son is a first responder emt in a county with the highest number of infections and deaths in the state, by far. He transports positives every shift. And yet the selfish continue to claim "hoax".

Stay safe GG and all.
i agree. Whatever you do, don’t go outside. Do not mingle with other human beings. That way at least you’re safe. They will let you know when it’s safe. Until then stay inside, Prepare, off and on, for now until forever.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem with you staying out of walmart and convenience stores due to your medical disability preventing you from following the safety standards. That's fine with me. :icon_thumleft:

Just have your purchases delivered like any one else who can not obey the ordinances for whatever reason.
Businesses who wave folks in without compliance are the ones who will be held liable. A few lawsuits later and that will stop I assure you.

Do you wear a full face respirator? You realize germs can enter unprotected eyes. Why go about this mask hysteria half-assed. Make everyone wear a full face respirator...would that make you feel safe and fuzzy?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it.

I am breaking out my desert storm leftover gas mask.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree. Whatever you do, don’t go outside. Do not mingle with other human beings. That way at least you’re safe. They will let you know when it’s safe. Until then stay inside, Prepare, off and on, for now until forever.

Yeah, I recognize sarcasm. Outside, with exercise, is still safest. This old timer plans to walk out the front door in the early morning and take a 5 to 6 mile hike along our fossil cliffs. No mask needed, since I won't see another person until I return past our community beach about mid-day where the women in skimpy bikinis will ask me what I've found this time...and then I'll put on my mask to protect THEM from me since I won't know if I have anything to transmit.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FB_IMG_1593688920657.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost a Perfect Chinese Virus Blocker