Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conspiracies theories posts belong in our political forum not here, if members want to discuss conspiracy theories please join and or take them to our political forum.

I get that, sorry didn't mean to hurt any feelings. Things that are factual information from agencies and investigative news agencies like 60 minutes and others are not really conspiracy theories, but you have your own interpretation, so it is what it is.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When are people going to figure out that one pair of gloves lasts as long as the gloves hold out... and no hand washing required until / unless removed.

Sheesh.

The news guy is showing how gloves transfer stuff from one item to another by touching something etc.

USE SANITIZER OR WIPES ON GLOVES... WHILE GLOVES ARE ON - - - DUH ! ! !

Why would you want to put your hands through the abuse and go through a ton of gloves ? ? ?

Its not rocket science !

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I don't see the purpose of the gloves if you are not dealing with a virus that is being transferred through the skin. Having the virus on your gloves is nearly the same as having it on your skin.

I just don't get the advantage over washing your hands or using hand sanitizer at the end of your shift.
You shouldn't touch your face either way.

Can someone explain it to me?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gloves SAVE your hands from having to frequently wash... its the transfer that has to be addressed to stop this... HENCE the "stay at home" ... to break the chain... the transfer rate etc.

When you touch one thing... say it has the virus on it... now its on your hand... now you touch something else.. now its ON THAT ... and on and on.

Follow now ? ? ?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS... I dont know about you... but frequent washing... with various soaps and using wipes in store to wipe down cart etc... then sanitzers etc... will take a "toll" on your hands.

My hands anyway.

I get raw and red... and if continued will inflamed... I have exema if I do this on my palms.... they will itch like hell etc etc ... AND if real bad I will actually develop "pollups" that break and oozz pus.

Normal hand washing is fine... I start really washing over and over and then wipes... then sanitizer and etc... then I will get raw palm.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear one pair of gloves and bring one pair "backups"... and then I use Clorox wipes when I feel I should and clean gloves thoroughly WHILE they are on.

In fact I am going to ask the cashier next time to use a wipe I will offer him / her PRIOR to touching my groceries.

FOR... the ten people OR 100 BEFORE me touched EVERYTHING that cashier is ABOUT TO touch of mine.

Transfer THIS ! ! !

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get that, sorry didn't mean to hurt any feelings. Things that are factual information from agencies and investigative news agencies like 60 minutes and others are not really conspiracy theories, but you have your own interpretation, so it is what it is.

It doesnt matter what media it comes from and has nothing to do with it, it falls under politics and belongs in politics forum. A factual article pro or anti government is still politics.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My daughter also has a young friend that is recovering now. He was on the vent and had a close call but is recovering nicely.
Hes in his early 30s but has had alot of pneumonia problems since he was a kid.
It seems no one else in his circle was infected, not his girlfriend or parents.
Strange how it picks certain people to attack.
Possibly because most of us are and have been carrying viruses. Our immune system attacks and subdues. Might have a weak symptom or two, and that’s it. A very, very small percent of us become fatal victims.

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
It doesnt matter what media it comes from and has nothing to do with it, it falls under politics and belongs in politics forum. A factual article pro or anti government is still politics.

Good afternoon Treasure_Hunter,
You doing a good job. It's hard to not discuss what is right in our face.
Thanks for hanging in there, taking the time to explain.
Idahodutch

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK, I'm working a job in Sarasota, Fl. Construction, trying to be careful. I'm outside, don't get close to people, etc. I go to Publix (grocer) to get supplies for my apartment. People everywhere, very few wearing masks or seeming to give a hoot. Lot's of old people over here in this part of Florida. Hell, I'm old and some of these geezers make me look young. Easing around BSing with friends. WTH? I'm a prisoner at night in my place and the locals act like it's party time. They'll be the 1st ones to scream bloody murder if they get sick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon Treasure_Hunter,
You doing a good job. It's hard to not discuss what is right in our face.
Thanks for hanging in there, taking the time to explain.
Idahodutch

Thank you sir for understanding. Many times the posts I delete I agree with but posts still violates our rules. Mods understand it is hard to discuss without turning political, but posts still have to be by the rules. We have a political forum under Charter Membership where it can be discussed openly and freely.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jimmy Fallon music, keyboard....playing in the background...
Thank you,

Coronavirus

My hands have never been so clean.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I'm working a job in Sarasota, Fl. Construction, trying to be careful. I'm outside, don't get close to people, etc. I go to Publix (grocer) to get supplies for my apartment. People everywhere, very few wearing masks or seeming to give a hoot. Lot's of old people over here in this part of Florida. Hell, I'm old and some of these geezers make me look young. Easing around BSing with friends. WTH? I'm a prisoner at night in my place and the locals act like it's party time. They'll be the 1st ones to scream bloody murder if they get sick.

You hit the nail on the head. heh

I have never seen so many old folks in the stores until this... what kills me is the fact they have the stores to THEMSELVES during certain days / hours...

YET there they are.,,, everywhere. :/

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You hit the nail on the head. heh

I have never seen so many old folks in the stores until this... what kills me is the fact they have the stores to THEMSELVES during certain days / hours...

YET there they are.,,, everywhere. :/

here only a suggestion

000njuy.jpg

but I Wonder. Maybe allot of seniors don't get up that early

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF they don't get up that early they are weird... nightshift... a drunk... or some other odd ball thing.

Seems most old here are up at the crack of dawn.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That article means nothing.

There is a death in New York City every 9.1 minutes. <<<< This is in the following link, which has nothing to do with COVID-19. That is New York City alone, not the whole state!

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/planning/planning-level/nyc-population/population-facts.page

There is a death in New York City every 9.1 minutes = 6.59 every hour = 158 deaths per day = 1,106 deaths per week = 4,424 deaths per month = 53,088 deaths per year <<< in New York City alone. Those numbers look really high don't they? Yeah, it does doesn't it, but its not from COVID-19

Have a good evening!

Ok. I’ll accept those numbers, but NYC is now reporting 700+ and 800+ COVID related deaths per day. There are also the usual non-COVID deaths to handle. NYFD is also responding to 100-200 at home deaths per day, rather than the typical 20 or so, since more people aren’t heading to hospitals.

I just don’t see how inflating the numbers really benefits anyone. Suppressing the numbers makes more sense, so that leaders could say, “look what a great job we’re doing... nothing to worry about... restart the economy.”

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF they don't get up that early they are weird... nightshift... a drunk... or some other odd ball thing.

Seems most old here are up at the crack of dawn.

my usual time is 4am,
But Have also Gotten up at 1AM & 7 AM Recently

Sleepy Time is usually between 8 & 10 but it rarely effects wake up time

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I don't see the purpose of the gloves if you are not dealing with a virus that is being transferred through the skin. Having the virus on your gloves is nearly the same as having it on your skin.

I just don't get the advantage over washing your hands or using hand sanitizer at the end of your shift.
You shouldn't touch your face either way.

Can someone explain it to me?

Wearing gloves for me, reminds me not to touch my face, which seems to be a bad habit of mine.
I would invariably rub my eyes or scratch my nose or wipe my mouth several times during the day.

Something about wearing those vinyl gloves keeps my hands at bay and mindful of all that I touch.
I find it hard to scratch an itch on my face with my shoulder though, and it drives me crazy :tongue3:

GG~

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my usual time is 4am,
But Have also Gotten up at 1AM & 7 AM Recently

Sleepy Time is usually between 8 & 10 but it rarely effects wake up time

I am up when you are Jeff... BUT since that TIME CHANGE... arggg I mean I was praying Florida was gonna do away with it.

Right about the time I get use to it,... THEY CHANGE IT AGAIN !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread