Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to the Spanish Fort which is 36 miles from my house and a $5 bridge toll which is 72 miles total. A swing for 7 hours and I finally found a 925 silver ring..... and I’m happy as hell lol image-2020-03-13-20:45:37-689.jpg image-2020-03-13-20:44:46-804.jpg IMG_0195.jpg it hit at a 32. Then I got this scare IMG_0196.jpg Man when I saw the gold coin!! Which is a 2002 $.20 euro uggh. Interesting before and after pictures of the Old Spanish Fort.

Before Adjustments.jpg

Today same spot IMG_0190.jpg IMG_0191.jpg

I appreciate you looking

Last edited:

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your crazy for that, rest easy. You have lots of crazy company with this group.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring truth, congratulations. Last fall I drove about that far to one of my old permissions to rescue a dateless buffalo nickel and a pull tab, lol.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that beautiful ring and for passing the heart stress test for that gold imposter.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're not the only crazy one out there!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm crazy right there along with you, Truth! :icon_shaking2: NICE ring!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you are Nutz Think about it we take a day off and hunt for 8 hours Think of all the coins you could buy for one days work yet wee dig a Mercury dime and were happier than hungry Hog and a texas Chili cook off. Go out for 7 to 8 hours come home with a couple wheats and 5 bucks in clad and your Family ask what did you find so you show em the wheat penny and the clad and you get the look from the wife and kids like is he using again...lol Some people will ask so you looking for buried treasure chest and your thinking in your head freakin yea of course Im hoping to find one.The fun is looking back at all the cool finds we have made and others that every signal is fun to dig cause ya never know whats next , but you do know the possibilities..It does get boring when after 20 hunts your heading home with that goose egg 0. I think I need to do some traveling to to find some better spots but yes we are all a little Nutz but it makes me happy and I love it I could do permissions but NAAAh not my thing ...... Thats a cool find though my friend it gets the blood flowing for sure and your attitude gets alot better I dont mind not finding stuff here and there but when it goes on for a long time can take some of the fun out of it. Keep em coming my friend looks like you might be on a good spot I hope so. Tommy

Kravotinec

Greenie
Jan 30, 2017
Saint Petersburg
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommy, you're right. We do hope, that all our initiatives will have their bright future. After all "you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other", as the old*proverb*says.

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a spot that is 1hr 15min from my house and I will keep going back as long as the guy will let me. Haven't found anything of note yet, but the place is over 2500 acres in an area that saw lots of Revolutionary War action.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Silver ring. Today I got permission to hunt an old tavern that is now a rental.
I'm going to hit it tomorrow. You never know what kind of drunken action took place out back.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy? It's a matter of opinion! And ya know what they say about opinions! The way I look at it...you went out to find stuff, you found stuff...you're a success!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Truth. I'd pay the tolls for the excitement of digging a ring. If I counted the gallons of gas I've wasted over the years getting to places that produced nothing, I'd go insane thinking of the lost money I spent to get there and back. It's all about the fun (or potential fun).

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that's a nice ring you got there!

Thanks that’s my wedding ring and they use the inside of it to make my wife’s work wedding ring because her real wedding ring is too fancy for her line of work she does.

Last edited:

BrianaC

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2020
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Sunset, in Montague County. I am brand new to hunting, only a month in now. I really enjoy the research aspect and have mapped out multiple old homesites from 1900 topo maps in my area. I also visited Spanish Fort on Easter, but found that the school and old church site were on private land, so I just settled for some pictures. Do you go hunting around here often?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread