KGC question

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I happen to have a Bowie style knife that was made to represent the KGC. It is marked "KGC - 1865" however after a bunch of research it was determined
that this was not made in 1865 and most likely in 1965 for the 100 year anniversary of the KGC.

K1.JPG

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The KGC did not have a lodge as much as just a secret meeting place. KGC would use a Masonic Blue Lodge for meetings as to disguise their meeting agenda.
Yes, the KGC did have material with certain signs and symbols on it. Mostly their signs were (sss) secret signs & symbols on buildings , trees, stone , paper and person.
Albert Pike was a CSA General, founder of KGC and died in Washington ,D.C. under-so-called-house-arrest.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the reasons there was Not a second rebellion from the South was the happening of the Spanish American War which brought all Americans together.
The South Never wanted to over throw any state or the Union. The Morill tariff was the main reason for the War of Northern Aggression. 37% taxes on all Southern exports. Morill was a steel magnet from Vermont.
Hence, the secret societies. North, South, Mexico, Canada, Europe

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean "The Civil War"? Sad that you would call it anything but that. That war's been over for 155 years and we won. Let it go...

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was the war of Northern Aggression, period. No Southern State tried to overthrow another state, North or South. The South wanted to be a free area CSA. As the North wanted to be USA. The Morrill Tarrif Act was the final straw, T A X E S. (37%) on all Southern exports.He was a Vermont Senator, (steel Magnet), very rich.1861
The South almost withdrew in 1851, but came to a compromise.
North & South thought the succession would be peaceful. and that there would be NO war.
Greenbacks vs Greybacks.
The South had lots of money.
I'll never give it up, because there are a lot of people who don't know there ear from their rear.
"The Uncivil War", written by a US Astronaut should be a read for everyone who can understand english.
I was on TV giving a speech to a city council who thought they were smart. I proved them wrong, and most of the information came from a Sunday edition in a local news paper, which talked about the "Civil" War and my relatives. 1936 edition, Leaves From The Past
A Civil War is among all people in a country, aiming for a common goal, not 2 factions
You have totalitarian war and christian war. Lee, Christian war, fought mainly northern soldiers. Totalitarian war, Sherman, kill, destroy, burn.
When the left wants to destroy Southern Statues, then it ain't over. There are more Northern Statues on my ancestors land than in the present day US Senate.
This will probably get bumped, but what the hey

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The war started when the Confederates bombed Fort Sumter. So maybe we should call it "The War of Southern Aggression"! LOL!

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the war started when a 70% tax was levied on ALL Southern exports

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was the war of Northern Aggression, period. No Southern State tried to overthrow another state, North or South. The South wanted to be a free area CSA. As the North wanted to be USA. The Morrill Tarrif Act was the final straw, T A X E S. (37%) on all Southern exports.He was a Vermont Senator, (steel Magnet), very rich.1861

First, the Morrill Tariff Act was on imports, not exports.

Second, if not for the South's secession and the departure from Congress, they would have had enough votes to block the Morrill Tariff Act. Calling the Morrill Tariff Act the reason for secession is the opposite of reality. Actually, secession was the reason the Morrill Tariff Act passed at all.

Third, if you actually read the Ordinances of Secession and the Declarations of Causes for Secession that the Southern States wrote, you will see no mention of tariffs, but a whole lotta mention of slavery. It's very clear in the States' own handwriting: they seceded over slavery.

Fourth, I think you mean Morrill was a steel magnate, not a steel magnet. He was actually neither.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have also been to Secession Hill in Abbeville, South Carolina. Thanks Carl-NC for getting the cause of secession right. The South did have enough gold and silver put away for a 2nd Civil War and as you said the Spanish American War pulled America back together for the last time. A common enemy will do that to domestic squabbles. I know where there is enough gold the South put away to pay off our National Deficit. But as usual the hard heads in Washington, D.C. will not listen. My partner and I found the locations of the gold over 9 years ago, but no will listen as too too many have hollered "WOLF" before us.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
We have also been to Secession Hill in Abbeville, South Carolina. Thanks Carl-NC for getting the cause of secession right. The South did have enough gold and silver put away for a 2nd Civil War and as you said the Spanish American War pulled America back together for the last time. A common enemy will do that to domestic squabbles. I know where there is enough gold the South put away to pay off our National Deficit. But as usual the hard heads in Washington, D.C. will not listen. My partner and I found the locations of the gold over 9 years ago, but no will listen as too too many have hollered "WOLF" before us.
Send JOSH! LOL!

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing; it's on Federal or State land

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing; it's on Federal or State land

Most of the treasures yes as there are 58 depositories. But to get to any of the treasures, the maps have to be recovered from Federal Land. That is the thorn in the side.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread