JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey TH my friend....

At 70, it sure beats not getting old! Still love beer & gals, but gotta beer and no gal :(

Stay safe my friend :)

wizerdgreg

Sep 9, 2014
Well, myself 71 and preparing to move from Fl. To Arizona mountains.. to do some prospecting..
Look like it gonna be a while now before I can get there..! Florida has gotten Insane with people..

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, myself 71 and preparing to move from Fl. To Arizona mountains.. to do some prospecting..
Look like it gonna be a while now before I can get there..! Florida has gotten Insane with people..

71 and being a native born Floridian I miss the days before Disney came to town, that is when the population explosion began.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before Disney.. and mass tourism ... there was a State Tax.

So... Roll onward Disney :)

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 56, active, reasonably healthy but haven't ran in 30 years or more.

A couple years ago, an older co-worker and I decided to have a foot race back to the truck, a hundred yards or so, we got to laughing so hard we barely finished, I told him it felt like we were running in slow motion.

yeah," if you don't use it you'll lose it", is very true.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The secret to not being old is having parents or close relatives older than you. I will be 69 in October but my 90 year old mother and 85 year old aunt still expect me to climb ladders to change bulbs and smoke detector batteries for them or to move furniture. I have tried the “when you were my age you had a hip replaced..” but they just don’t seem to get it.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 9037 and

I keep trying to figure out why anyone would pay $150.00 for a hat. I really apologize for that remark. These 9000 year old eyes don't see as good as they used to and somehow saw $150.00 when it should have been $15.00. Mea Culpa. :dontknow: Sorry I am.

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep trying to figure out why anyone would pay $150.00 for a hat. I really apologize for that remark. These 9000 year old eyes don't see as good as they used to and somehow saw $150.00 when it should have been $15.00. Mea Culpa. :dontknow: Sorry I am.

Nice to read. I kept going through all of the posts looking for a $150 hat. I thought I was the confused one.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Years ago, Paul Harvey one day told about an old man in the hospital who kept saying his mom was going to come and take him home. I think he was in his late 70's so they pegged him as dementia. Until one day his 90+ year old mother came driving in and volunteered to kick some back sides if they didn't let him go home.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrg I just thought of you TH... as I was changing the toilet paper roll and fumble fingered ... the damn roll went all the way out into living room as I chased it.

Leaving a "paper trail" (heh) all the way out :/

Now a good section of roll is shot.

Whats worse is... the damn stuff is like gold now. heh

Coulda been worse and you fumble-fingered the roll right down the ceramic out house!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before Disney.. and mass tourism ... there was a State Tax.

So... Roll onward Disney :)

Florida banned state income tax in 1924, long before Disney.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, Davest, please keep politics out of thread and forum, you may have thought this was politics forum but it isn't. :icon_thumright:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well as my Mom used to say, "Getting old might suck, but it beats the alternative!".

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrg I just thought of you TH... as I was changing the toilet paper roll and fumble fingered ... the damn roll went all the way out into living room as I chased it.

Leaving a "paper trail" (heh) all the way out :/

Now a good section of roll is shot.

Whats worse is... the damn stuff is like gold now. heh

I just finished remodeling a bathroom that had the original 1959 wood toilet paper holder. The spring on that thing was so strong if you didn’t pop it in right it was like a flying missle and could fling the whole paper roll into the other room. Highly inconvenient when you really need that paper. Thankfully it has been replaced with the best invention of the 21st century, the pivoting toilet roll holder. Lift it up the rod with one hand, put the roll on and it drops back down and into place. Maximum efficiency, no toilet paper bombs. Technology is good.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just finished remodeling a bathroom that had the original 1959 wood toilet paper holder. The spring on that thing was so strong if you didn’t pop it in right it was like a flying missle and could fling the whole paper roll into the other room. Highly inconvenient when you really need that paper. Thankfully it has been replaced with the best invention of the 21st century, the pivoting toilet roll holder. Lift it up the rod with one hand, put the roll on and it drops back down and into place. Maximum efficiency, no toilet paper bombs. Technology is good.

If I happens again I am mounting it to a tool belt. :)

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Turned 60 and was healthy, and even though I'm a supervisor I enjoyed getting my tools and working with the crew when I had the opportunity. Now pushing 65 I have a knee replacement, bad shoulder, serious prostate issues and don't sleep well!!! I can't wait for 70. Still enjoy the simple things and not really complaining just showing how fast things can go downhill.

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 63 going on 95. Retired at 61 because my legs and back just wouldn't take it anymore. Worked hard my whole career and the last 7 or 8 years was pretty much 7 days a week with a lot of 10 and 12 hour days. All on concrete floors with a lot of climbing and lifting. Really bothers me that I just can't do it anymore. I do enjoy metal detecting but can only last for a couple hours at best. When I dig the plug, I have to jam the shovel in the ground before I get down on my knees so I can use it to help me get back up. Been on the Vol fire department for 40 + years and still make a lot of runs, just let the young guys do the firefighting and I run an engine or tanker for them and I still make a lot of medical runs. Just remember: "From the time you are born till you ride in a hearse, it could have been better but it could have been worse"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread