Serious Questions Hearing Aids

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So NO ONE wears HEARING AIds when detecting or you do not KNOW ANYONE that uses them ?

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I asked my 96 year old friend about them. He just got a new set and was raving about them. He said he could hear a whisper across a crowded room. I'm interested so I ask him, "What kind is it?" He looked at his watch and said 10 after 10.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gare. I have used hearing aids and detectors for about 11 years now. I can't say that it has improved my finds, but it has helped me hear signals better. I always wear headphones because they help cut out disruptive background noises that interferes with my hearing discrimination.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Arfieboy I wear headphones as well . How do yours fit inside the heaqdphones ? what kind do you have or recommend ?

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used my hearing aids with headphones. Unfortunately after a while they get a little annoying getting pushed against my head from the minelab headphones. Wish I could pair them with the nox being Bluetooth but haven’t figured out how if they can be paired. They are the Signia hearing aids not sure if they help in finds or not.

Apr 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have any of you started using hearing aids since you started detecting ? Has it improved your finds ? What type did you purchase ? Do you have any hints or recommendations ? Would like to know some results before spending a few thousands on them

Thanks in advance

Costco. Cheaper than anyplace I have found in Albuquerque. The Costco hearing techs have to go through all the tests and requirements just like the expensive guys do. They have to be state board certified. The expensive high pressure guys wanted $4500 for a pair. Same ones, made in Germany at Costco were $2000 a pair. ( about 10 years ago). I do not use them while prospecting.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Arfieboy I wear headphones as well . How do yours fit inside the heaqdphones ? what kind do you have or recommend ?

My hearing aids fit fine inside the headphones, no problem. I get mine from the VA as a disabled vet from Vietnam. The brand they provided me is a "ReSound LiNX Quattro." Never heard of them before I got them. They have a molded earpiece and a behind the ear unit. Good luck with your search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread