Serious Questions Hearing Aids
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Gare
  • 1 Post By Gare
  • 5 Post By Escape
  • 2 Post By ArfieBoy
  • 1 Post By Gare
  • 1 Post By holepuncher
  • 1 Post By davidloving@msn.com
  • 2 Post By ArfieBoy
  • 1 Post By Honest Samuel

Thread: Serious Questions Hearing Aids

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    1796 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Serious Questions Hearing Aids

Have any of you started using hearing aids since you started detecting ? Has it improved your finds ? What type did you purchase ? Do you have any hints or recommendations ? Would like to know some results before spending a few thousands on them

Thanks in advance
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    1796 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    So NO ONE wears HEARING AIds when detecting or you do not KNOW ANYONE that uses them ?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

us
    Apr 2009
    1639 times
    I asked my 96 year old friend about them. He just got a new set and was raving about them. He said he could hear a whisper across a crowded room. I'm interested so I ask him, "What kind is it?" He looked at his watch and said 10 after 10.

us
    "Call me ArfieBoy"

Aug 2011
    N.E. Oregon
    Compass X-70, II, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass X-100, Compass Judge 2,
    871 times
    Hi Gare. I have used hearing aids and detectors for about 11 years now. I can't say that it has improved my finds, but it has helped me hear signals better. I always wear headphones because they help cut out disruptive background noises that interferes with my hearing discrimination.
    Rebel - KGC and Gare like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    1796 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Thanks Arfieboy I wear headphones as well . How do yours fit inside the heaqdphones ? what kind do you have or recommend ?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Oct 2014
    Amboy Wa.
    AT Pro. Equinox.
    574 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have used my hearing aids with headphones. Unfortunately after a while they get a little annoying getting pushed against my head from the minelab headphones. Wish I could pair them with the nox being Bluetooth but haven’t figured out how if they can be paired. They are the Signia hearing aids not sure if they help in finds or not.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Apr 2019
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Have any of you started using hearing aids since you started detecting ? Has it improved your finds ? What type did you purchase ? Do you have any hints or recommendations ? Would like to know some results before spending a few thousands on them

Thanks in advance
    Costco. Cheaper than anyplace I have found in Albuquerque. The Costco hearing techs have to go through all the tests and requirements just like the expensive guys do. They have to be state board certified. The expensive high pressure guys wanted $4500 for a pair. Same ones, made in Germany at Costco were $2000 a pair. ( about 10 years ago). I do not use them while prospecting.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    "Call me ArfieBoy"

Aug 2011
    N.E. Oregon
    Compass X-70, II, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass X-100, Compass Judge 2,
    871 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Thanks Arfieboy I wear headphones as well . How do yours fit inside the heaqdphones ? what kind do you have or recommend ?
    My hearing aids fit fine inside the headphones, no problem. I get mine from the VA as a disabled vet from Vietnam. The brand they provided me is a "ReSound LiNX Quattro." Never heard of them before I got them. They have a molded earpiece and a behind the ear unit. Good luck with your search.
    Gare and Rebel - KGC like this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4462 times
    I have a new one that does not work, need the nurse check it out today.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Sponsored Links