“Coronus” Writing The Science Fiction Novel under quarantine!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
So I guess during the quarantine I’ll work on the science fiction novel I’m writing. It’s called Coronus! 3rd planet from the Sun....

“Captain! Coronus is in view..
Thank you Commander! Put her up on the view screen.
Aye, aye Captain.
Holy crap! What happened to this planet?”
Viral wipe Sir! Only animals survived and it’s like a zoo down there.

The gentle thrum and whir of the retros were slowing the behemoth, hospital/Explorer ship U.S.S. Deus down to orbital status.

First Officer Somat! Scan the surface for human life forms.
Ay, aye Captain came First Officer Somat’s response.
I detect no Human life forms Captain....
Wait! Shouted the First Officer. I’m detecting two human life forms on the coast near the sea!
Can we get a closer look First Officer?
Yes Sir. Bringing it up on the View Screen Captain.

As the Garrett Scanners, on the Deus, focused on the two Carbon Units, what the Captain and flight deck crew saw next was simply mind blowing!
There were two old guys metal detecting the white sands of Coronus!

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the name of the ship, I had to make sure I didn't have a Freudian slip saying ship, I could suggest the Deus went through a storm in space, a literal $#1t storm LOL.

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It had been a little over 18 months since the Deus’s last port. It was business as usual. We were there to check the the Hyper Drive for anomalies and any irregularities in the ship’s defense systems. After 24 hours of Space Dock we received our orders to Mask up! At this point, we knew we we’re going back to Coronus.
But this time we had the ship’s Garrett Scanners in full operation and we were not going to let some old guys out hunt us.
Captain! Do you think there’s really gold on Coronus? Asked First Officer Somat.
What if those two old guys have found everything?
Nothing is ever Hunted Out! Shouted the Captain.
Miss it by a mile. Miss it by a Parsec.
As the behemoth Deus left port, all on board had visions of finding gold on this expedition. Gold that was lost by the fat toursits that, in times long past, would actually burn in the sun, grease up and deposit their fine collectibles in the sand never to be seen again.
Stay tune for the Arrival.

gre5joy

Tenderfoot
Nov 1, 2021
haha its time to continue coronus fiction. haha its time to continue coronus fiction. Because its quite funny past time. I like reading but not writing fiction. I have noy talent to write fictions. During work and study I used tips anf help write my essay from others.

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It had been a little over 18 months since the Deus’s last port. It was business as usual. We were there to check the the Hyper Drive for anomalies and any irregularities in the ship’s defense systems. After 24 hours of Space Dock we received our orders to Mask up! At this point, we knew we we’re going back to Coronus.
But this time we had the ship’s Garrett Scanners in full operation and we were not going to let some old guys out hunt us.
Captain! Do you think there’s really gold on Coronus? Asked First Officer Somat.
What if those two old guys have found everything?
Nothing is ever Hunted Out! Shouted the Captain.
Miss it by a mile. Miss it by a Parsec.
As the behemoth Deus left port, all on board had visions of finding gold on this expedition. Gold that was lost by the fat toursits that, in times long past, would actually burn in the sun, grease up and deposit their fine collectibles in the sand never to be seen again.
Stay tune for the Arrival.
Beep Beep …This is Coronus Mission Control..Maintain current speed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions