Norton Security and this site

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never had any issues and I have been coming here daily since 2014

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Eastender what operating system are you running ? the current Windows 10 native antivirus (Windows Defender) is as good or better than the paid solutions. As long as you connect to a decent hardware firewall (any home router less than 5 yrs old) aren’t on risky websites and keep your Windows Updates on theres no need to fork out a fortune for Norton anymore.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no need for treasure net to be a secure site because you aren't putting account numbers and other private info on here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no need for treasure net to be a secure site because you aren't putting account numbers and other private info on here.

Very correct, site is http: not https:, "S" means secure and needed for transmitting financial data. No financial data is transmitted here, even when paying charter membership you leave the site to secure site to transmit the data.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use anti-malware bytes premium and Avast and they seem to think TN web site is fine. They go crazy on me if I go to some other smaller strange web sites that use bad stuff to collect info on your PC. So I would not worry about TN. Too many of us have good software protections and we would all be screaming it there was a problem.

diondrofab

May 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use anti-malware bytes premium and Avast and they seem to think TN web site is fine. They go crazy on me if I go to some other smaller strange web sites that use bad Prepaid Card Status stuff to collect info on your PC. So I would not worry about TN. Too many of us have good software protections and we would all be screaming it there was a problem.

Impressive!Thanks for the post

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread