Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking forward to more pictures and finds. Providing this is not an April Fools joke, I will say this...caves can be VERY dangerous. Be careful and let someone know exactly where you are going in case something happens. That's what I would tell my own 19yr old son.
That being said, I would very carefully comb every square inch of that cave for surface finds and I'd metal detect it also.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of good questions posted. Would getting a lawyer help? I've read accounts of the government sweeping in and taking everything...I hope the story is true...now I imagine this post will attract people to the area...

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think with the right pics this site will give you ALL the support you can handle.

As described In post #1 I imagined a DRY cave , hats, saddles etc... Was there no bayonets or swords?

Look fwd to the follow up!

chub

OP
OP
J

Jakewc10

Greenie
Apr 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you explain why a WW-1 collar disc was on a civil war hat ?

We are just assuming civil war cause that’s what it looked like. Again I’ve never even seen a civil hat or a ww1 hat so I couldn’t tell you the difference.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it’s what’s left of a musket. And my grandpa is the one who told me it looked like it was from the civil war. No professional has looked at anything and the location of this cave is right off the river so it has probably flooded at times. I just joined this page to get info on what I’ve found or what I should do. I’m only 19
Relax, we will help you. We would like pictures please.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
No bad intended on my part. I'M A BELIEVER! More pics, please!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember our rules, Jake is a new member, treat him with same respect as all other members.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a theory, you found an old rural dumpsite...

Problem with that theory is it right up again a rocky cliff and there’s literally no roads for miles. And there’s no signs or establishments or homes for miles as well

The cave/hole is located outside of fort Gibson Oklahoma not too far from the actual fort. T

Those statements are antithetical to each other. If it was near a fort, there was a lot of people around there. Looking at the condition of those items and how you describe the cave, its definitely what us spelunker's call a "wet cave", therefore it wasn't a hiding spot, which in my opinion leaves it as a dump spot. Still cool, and still lots of cool artifacts to be found.

Do you have some more pictures of the whole gun and both sides of it to help identify it? Is the Barrel missing?

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Jake whether it’s the believers or nonbelievers this is the ultimate dream for all of us here trust me. We all want this to be true. NEXT TIME YOU GO PLEASE TAKE MORE PICTURES SO WE CAN CONGRATULATE YOU IN THE PROPER MANNER [emoji1317]

Guardrailnickel

Jan 11, 2020
Pa. 19512
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jake I am rooting for you! Please take pics, not because I don't believe you, just because I want to see it.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jakewc10 , Welcome to Treasurenet

Be careful giving out "clues" it doesn't take many for a treasure hunter like me or others to put together a location from them.
That and using Google Earth and a drone makes it real easy.

Unless you are giving out false clues to throw us off the trail :tongue3:
Otherwise I'll see you there tomorrow. Just kidding, I'm not on the hunt but if I were you have left a pretty nice bread crumb trail already.

Be safe and good luck.
You never know who monitors these treasure threads, I've heard many rumors from archaeologists to the IRS and everyone in between.

Antiquities act of 1906
https://www.nps.gov/subjects/legal/american-antiquities-act-of-1906.htm
Something every treasure hunter should be aware of. :icon_thumright:

GG~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread