Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Indiana. Sounds like what we all dream of. Would definately check on it and go back if legal.

Capncrunch

Mar 25, 2020
KCMO Area
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 5000, Fisher F22, Quest X10, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MO has a law that they started in 1979 stating that anything found on government property MUST be turned in to them! IDK if people really do it, but just saying... You should look at the regulations for your state and maybe even county. Some places have a 'finders keepers' law, but others will take it from you.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would get it all I live by the first law finders keepers. Can you take some pictures of the hat and musket please?

Last edited:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A story with no pics is just a story. You didn't take any pics in the cave? Hard to believe. April Fools again?? Sorry, call me a skeptic. Gary

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this Story were in the what is it forum I'd have to say Toddspoint nailed it.

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes we went back today and we found it. It’s exactly how we left it just not sure what do with it. The maps show its technically core land so not sure if it’s legal. I got a hat and a musket out of it but that’s it so far. The cave is freaking huge

Please help me to understand, according to my date and time on this site (yesterday 09:50pm) you post that you and your brother found a cave 6 years ago containing Civil War items but you haven't returned because of the difficulty in getting there. Then (yesterday 11:08) almost an hour later you post again saying that you returned to the cave and recovered a hat and a musket. So do you live very close to the cave and it really isn't that difficult to get there? Or am I missing something?

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Interesting indeed....Keep us informed

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The confederate army was pretty short on resources in NE OK, but cool if they did stash this, couldn't get back to it and you found it. Couple of pics would go a long way in helping ID what you found, and you don't have to give the location away. Check first with the Oklahoma Historical Society about legalities. Might want to bring the landowner in on the deal, too.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to some pictures of what is potentially an amazing discovery!! :happy1:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please help me to understand, according to my date and time on this site (yesterday 09:50pm) you post that you and your brother found a cave 6 years ago containing Civil War items but you haven't returned because of the difficulty in getting there. Then (yesterday 11:08) almost an hour later you post again saying that you returned to the cave and recovered a hat and a musket. So do you live very close to the cave and it really isn't that difficult to get there? Or am I missing something?

It was a speed boat, a blown big block, maybe a hemi, Weiand 6-71. Water was high enough. Brother was on meds to keep him calm. FBI was there with digger....man this lockdown is affecting my creative writing skills

chub

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it quiet. Starting now. If you leave it, it will eventually turn to dust. If you tell the state, they may get you for trespassing.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes we went back today and we found it. It’s exactly how we left it just not sure what do with it. The maps show its technically core land so not sure if it’s legal. I got a hat and a musket out of it but that’s it so far. The cave is freaking huge

Take some pictures!

When you return to the cache site (as should have been done before taking anything) , leave an offering of coffee and tobacco.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The greatest finds of the century and no pictures. In this day and age of cell phone camera's, it literally didn't happen without pictures. I will say, at least this guy claims to actually have laid eyes on it and retrieved some of it which is better then posting up google earth images, a blurry picture of a cave opening or a picture of the ground you just scanned, claiming you "found" the lost treasure of _______.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a speed boat, a blown big block, maybe a hemi, Weiand 6-71. Water was high enough. Brother was on meds to keep him calm. FBI was there with digger....man this lockdown is affecting my creative writing skills

chub

I heard it was more modern, a Chevy LS7 with Twin 88mm turbo's and a Haltech standalone engine management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions