Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anymore, day to day living seems to cause Cancer. I do not think its true, and I would not let it dampen the enjoyment of the hobby for yourself. I've been detecting over 30 years now with various detectors, and I have no ill health issues because of the hobby or the detectors required to enjoy in the hobby.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear. I don't imagine I will ever be out that much even if true...would like to be out more though, thanks

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's wind-generators. ;-)

Milliwatt levels of VHF that a detector transmits are no concern. The sun's rays are much more of a risk to your body.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Anymore, day to day living seems to cause Cancer. I do not think its true, and I would not let it dampen the enjoyment of the hobby for yourself. I've been detecting over 30 years now with various detectors, and I have no ill health issues because of the hobby or the detectors required to enjoy in the hobby.
Agree. A lot of it comes down to genetics anyway. For instance, many smokers on both sides of my family but no cases of lung cancer in the deceased.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not. Unless of course you are near sites with big smoke stacks.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be more worried about 5G!

The psychopaths of Silicon Valley have an agenda to create the "Internet of all things" and everything will be a "smart" device that is run by the Internet.

One of these psycho's is sending thousands of satellites up in the atmosphere as we speak to beam 5G on every square inch of this planet to power this "smart" grid.

It won't be long until there's "smart" detectors with everything wireless that require an Internet connection to power.
Of course you'll be tracked but you'll always have a connection wherever you go because 5G will be everywhere and it's powerful.

60 gigahertz frying your brain and filling your body with cancer.... What a future!
Might as well stick our heads in a microwave oven.

I'll be swinging my old VLF (4.8 kHz) until I can't swing no more. :headbang:

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! How 5G effects include increased cancer risk. :icon_scratch:

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
It's Alex Jones propaganda paranoia.

"The second system, known as the mesolimbic system, has its cell bodies in the ventral tegmental area, which is medial to the substantia nigra. It projects to several parts of the limbic system, including the nucleus accumbens and ventral portions of the striatum, amygdala, and hippocampus, as well as prefrontal cortex. This system has been linked to reward-related behavior (Berridge and Kringelbach, 2015). Dopamine levels in the nucleus accumbens increase in response to both natural reinforcers (such as food, drink, and sex) and drugs of abuse (such as amphetamine and cocaine). Additionally, in humans, activity in this region increases in response to more abstract rewards, such as money."

Marie T. Banich/Rebecca J. Compton, Cognitive Neuroscience, Section: Subsystems, pp. 2/3

"Dopamine, in fact, is critical in association learning and the reward system of the brain that Skinner discovered through his process of operant conditioning, whereby any behavior that is reinforced tends to be repeated. A reinforcement is, by definition, something that is rewarding to the organism; that is to say, it makes the brain direct the body to repeat the behavior in order to get another positive reward. ..The connection between dopamine and belief was established by experiments conducted by Peter Brugger and his colleague Christine Mohr at the University of Bristol in England. Exploring the neurochemistry of superstition, magical thinking, and belief in the paranormal, Brugger and Mohr found that people with high levels of dopamine are more likely to find significance in coincidences and pick out meaning and patterns where there are none."

Michael Shermer, The Believing Brain, Section: 6 The Believing Neuron pp. 8-10/29

fevercyrus

Mar 24, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either way, because there are articles claiming about it but Science wise it depends on the instrument used.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions