Aluminum cans, pull tabs so many

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like many of you if only a detector can do something to eliminate the aluminum it reads as good target a lot. Nothing perfect but just think of the time it would save,it’s important to remove from ground trash. No expert in the field of metals but would that be real hard to configure in the manufacturing of the computer or processor. Heck I don’t mind digging iron thats relic stuff, ok thanks

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the trash is a challenge ,If relic hunting was as easy as picking up sticks in the yard I'd loose interest fast. if there was a way discriminate out the aluminum it would be on the market already .I Don't expect to ever see that feature .
no need to make it easy or everybody and their brother will be detecting..

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the 60's, they sold X-Ray Glasses called "X Ray Specs". If you can find a pair of these, that might help. Otherwise, you're out of luck just like the rest of us!

x ray specs.jpg

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want to cancel my free exercise plan ! If a detector only beeped on gold and silver, I would have to join a health club to make up for all the lost exercise I get by digging the trash.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want a detector that only beeps on silver and gold. Gary

I'd have to carry an old silver spoon with me to make sure the machine was working.
There is next to NO silver in these woods. really next to no coins at all.

OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well for some reason other than slobs who trashed the ground for centuries, much more trash in ground than what we call coins and relics, it’s the aluminum , pull tabs so dam much , I can deal with other stuff but man we obliterated the ground. Shameful

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I really do not see many actual pull tabs any more. It's those pop tops. Why do those idiots rip them off the can??

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want on that gets Civil War relics and gold only. Right.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On tin cans you can use a long thin screw driver about 12-18" in length. Several probes will reveal a tin can by feel and size. You may want to use a grinder to round the tip so it is less likely to damage a coin.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Wait untill you hunt a drained lake with a sandbar that was a fave not only to swimmers, but to the boater that would shred their aluminum props on said sandbar.

OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah experience that few months ago, dam cans, much glass, dump, only can see when the dam water is way low

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread