SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not get an Minelab Equinox? Newer technology, lightweight. Good for saltwater or freshwater beaches and any kind of land hunting. A 600 will run you under $700

OP
OP
P

Pirate Pat

Apr 17, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still using an old Garrett Ace 200 and I've only detected yards and found some coins and fun stuff. I'm thinking about moving to Florida in the near future and would like to spend my time hunting the beaches. I guess my thinking is that all of the beaches have been regularly and relentlessly hunted with the Equinox and that maybe something that goes deeper might yield some finds that aren't being reached by more common machines. I get that it will mean more digging. I'm really just curious how much if any deeper the AquaPulse would be compared to the Whites or Garrett Sea Hunter. And, how does the depth of Equinox compare to the PIs?
I really want to get a new machine but the more I reseach the more confused I get :)

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For your first PI detector, I would recommend the Garrett Mark II.
It is the best beach detector for the money.
Been using one for over 20 years.
One thing you have to understand, for highest sensitivity, you have to run in all metal with no discrim.
This is true for every PI detector.
The technology does not exist to have discrim without noticeable depth loss.
That means you are digging every target, if you want max depth.
If that doesn't sound something that you don't wanna do , then the nox 800 is the choice, hands down.
If money is no object, go for an Aqua Pulse and give us a review.

OP
OP
P

Pirate Pat

Apr 17, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured the AuqaPulse was probably overkill for beach hunting. At least from what I've read on the subject. I guess it's down to the Garrett MarkII or the Equinox 800. I'm sure either would be plenty for me to step up to and hone my skills on. I appreciate everyone's input.

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still using an old Garrett Ace 200 and I've only detected yards and found some coins and fun stuff. I'm thinking about moving to Florida in the near future and would like to spend my time hunting the beaches. I guess my thinking is that all of the beaches have been regularly and relentlessly hunted with the Equinox and that maybe something that goes deeper might yield some finds that aren't being reached by more common machines. I get that it will mean more digging. I'm really just curious how much if any deeper the AquaPulse would be compared to the Whites or Garrett Sea Hunter. And, how does the depth of Equinox compare to the PIs?
I really want to get a new machine but the more I reseach the more confused I get :)

That is a very good observation. Yes different machines yield different qualities.i am convinced myself as having g ound this out. What an at pro might not sniff out. Another machine will.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are still interested in the AquaPulse, you can check out a few videos by She Detector on YouTube. From what I remember, she was impressed with the detector and uses it in Florida as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread