NEED HELP - SAFE with Timer Found

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real question is how long of a time limit does the Safe have that it is open for? If you think about it you can probably guess the times that it would have been able to be opened and try those times. Early morning or later in the evening. A timed safe wouldn’t be opened mid day.

Being found in a Bank, one would think of what time the bank opened....

Just a thought.

Scott

OP
OP
D

D-VO

Greenie
Aug 19, 2019
St-Lazare, Manitoba
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you turn the key and it winds down, have you tried turning it in opposite direction?

Yes. So far what I have done several times is turn the key to the left and the timer starts so imagine turning the key from 12 oclock to 9oclock and watching it slowly turn itself back to 12. At that point from what I have read, some bank safes pop open. This does not happen. Nothing happens when I turn it to the right. I have not tried say setting the timer at 10 or 11 oclock and trying it. There is a wire coming out of the unit but it is a single wire that does not have a ground. I have read that this wire could have powered a light on top of the unit that would light when the timer expired. All still a mystery. I will take more pictures. Sorry for the delayed reply as I have been crazy busy with other stuff.

OP
OP
D

D-VO

Greenie
Aug 19, 2019
St-Lazare, Manitoba
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being found in a Bank, one would think of what time the bank opened....

Just a thought.

Scott

Yes I hear you but after all of these years I am wondering how the safe knows what time it is? Perhaps I will make a youtube video of what is happening and see if anyone can figure it out. I will take a picture of a single wire that is coming out of the unit. Thanks for your reply's. I really want to keep this safe in original condition for sure.

OP
OP
D

D-VO

Greenie
Aug 19, 2019
St-Lazare, Manitoba
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you set up a tension wrench type situation - as in screw driver through the key with a rubber band attatched to supply the tension on the key?

Is there another (different) key that fits the lock after the timer is finished - as in one key for the timer, seperate key to open? ( isee there are a few on the bunch)

Just guessing... Would love to see if anything is inside. I hope its got something awesome inside!

chub

Never thought of trying another key to actually open it after the time expires. I will give it a try and keep you posted!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not want to post a link to another web site. You should look on youtube on opening a Tann safe
you will be imperssed

OP
OP
D

D-VO

Greenie
Aug 19, 2019
St-Lazare, Manitoba
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not want to post a link to another web site. You should look on youtube on opening a Tann safe
you will be imperssed

Excellent. I have emailed the guy from one of the videos. We will see what he has to say. I will let you know if and when he gets back to me!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And,

I still would like to see photos!

Be Well and Good Luck!

Scott

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
Story, My buddy owns a scrap yard and he bought a section of safety deposit boxes from another scrapper. The section stayed outside in the yard for 2 years. So scrap went up in price and he started to move out scrap. He noticed that 3 boxes were still locked and he had time so he took a flyer and opened them... First one had $10,000 in Canadian money, box number 2 had 2 Rolex's and a few diamond rings. He would not tell me what was in the third box but they went on a vacation of a life time... I am so happy for them. They are hard workers and always just getting by.....If I would take a guess on box #3 I would say it was a pistol of some kind.. Jim

OP
OP
D

D-VO

Greenie
Aug 19, 2019
St-Lazare, Manitoba
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SOLVED. Thank you to everyone for your excellent help. It was GARE who sent me to a youtube video with a link to a guys page from England that opens all kinds of safes. I e-mailed the guy the pictures and the procedure I had been trying. The guy told me exactly how to open it and that it was a very rare tann bank safe so I am glad that I did not destroy it. Unfortunately there was nothing inside it but it was a great feeling to have it crack open on the first try. So the method used was fairly simple. The cabinet once would have came with a light on it that would flash when the safe had reached a certain sequence in the timer. But due to the age the light was now missing and the batteries would now be dead anyhow. So he had me turn the key all the way to the right fully, then back to the left all the way to start the timer. Then I had to kneel next to it and listen for a little click while the time was winding down. Then turn the key all the way to the right and back to the left and she would open. Sure enough, 1st try. Listening that close the click was louder than I thought it would be. Now I just have to replace the little lock on top that I drilled out to get into the cabinet and I will have a fully functioning bank cabinet safe. :)

Image.jpeg

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update!

chub

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800